PDA

View Full Version : Server Downtime Daylight Savings Time

Tadaaah
10-24-2014, 02:29 PM
Hi,

Next weekend, November 2nd, marks the start of the US Daylight Savings. The Daylight Savings' time change can cause serious syncing issues between the servers and the game clients on players' devices, resulting in potential frustrations such as buildings showing up collectible at the wrong time. In order to minimize these potential issues, we are shutting down the game from 10:30 PM Pacific Time. Absolutely no players will have access to the game during this period. Events will keep the same start and end times, however the goals required have been adjusted to reflect the shorter time allotment.

The game will officially shut down by 11pm Pacific. In the final hour prior to the shutdown, event actions will be shut off. This is to ensure that no one gets caught mid-action once the game shutdown begins. Access to the game will return between 3am and 4am Pacific.

Eddie Eagle Eye
10-25-2014, 12:31 PM
Thanx for the heads up Tadaaah :D
Im sure there will be some fine pickings when the game is back online!! roflol

Daralight
10-26-2014, 11:30 AM
Thx for the heads up 👍👍

WTG Syndicate (624475065)
10-27-2014, 03:24 PM
I don't understand this, Europe just changed this weekend and the servers were not switched off and as far as I am aware there was no issues.

cooch
10-28-2014, 11:08 AM
Why is it so hard to understand? Servers are in US Pacific timezone.

I don't understand this, Europe just changed this weekend and the servers were not switched off and as far as I am aware there was no issues.

-Batman-
10-31-2014, 06:53 AM
Well that's gonna fubar my collection times. Thanks Gree I can kiss goodbye to 250m

Eddie Eagle Eye
11-01-2014, 11:45 PM
Well that's gonna fubar my collection times. Thanks Gree I can kiss goodbye to 250m

And I'll kiss 1.6billion goodbye :o

Hoeba
11-02-2014, 02:24 AM
Gonna be a robfest when cc opens up again. Servers down in no time again too much action on cc ��

Zippy69
11-02-2014, 03:22 AM
so, according to my PST - GMT converter, Server should be back up sometime in the current hour...?

3-4AM PST - 11AM-12PM GMT...

As this was an enforced Server Shutdown & CC is a Robbery Orientated Game - in Future, it might be helpful & more equitable to enforce a '12 Hour' No Robbery Window, when Servers come back on line; to allow ALL players, ALL over the world, to at least have chance of Collecting...

pamper
11-02-2014, 03:47 AM
so, according to my PST - GMT converter, Server should be back up sometime in the current hour...?

3-4AM PST - 11AM-12PM GMT...

As this was an enforced Server Shutdown & CC is a Robbery Orientated Game - in Future, it might be helpful & more equitable to enforce a '12 Hour' No Robbery Window, when Servers come back on line; to allow ALL players, ALL over the world, to at least have chance of Collecting...

According to my converter, Servers should be up since 45min .........
and, yes, very good idea to enforce a 12hrs 'non robbery' window

Thatkidyouknow
11-02-2014, 03:57 AM
And moments before 4AM Pacific....Nothing!

Thatkidyouknow
11-02-2014, 04:02 AM
It's oficially 1 minute after you said game would be back up. You're late.

Zippy69
11-02-2014, 04:03 AM
Quelle Surprise...

now past 3AM-4AM PST & Servers are Still DOWN>>>>>

get a freakin grip, GREE!!!

according to Time Zone Converter - it's now 04:06 AM PST & GREE are late for their own party, as per norm.

Normal Service resuming, at least GREE are consistent on one thing!!!

judah
11-02-2014, 04:04 AM
3 minutes late

HavingFun
11-02-2014, 04:06 AM
who was the genius to come up with the idea to do this big of a server maintenance ordeal during an event with time sensitive goals and people spending gold etc lol

Michael King
11-02-2014, 04:09 AM
This is a time sensitive game. It is good that you guys thought of preempting the problem of collection time going crazy because of DLS. However, seems like you folks remember to switch off the game and forgot to switch the game back on. Ppl are already plotting to rob like crazy the moment the game is back on. You folks are compounding the problem by being late. The message we keep getting is to come back in next 30mins. How many next 30mins must we endure? Surely you have a timekeeper over in your office, if not you sud have clocks that tell time. Why? Why? Do u guys enjoy making your clients wait? For response to complaints, to tickets and to many numerous issues, now, we have to wait again just for the game to start. I hope the person switching on the computer is not asleep, after all it is 4 am plus in wherever you are.

sfun
11-02-2014, 04:30 AM
Robbing has already started there some can log in already and some dont. Thanks Gree for making a fair game.

pamper
11-02-2014, 04:35 AM
Robbing has already started there some can log in already and some dont. Thanks Gree for making a fair game.
Agree, I have 2 accounts and one 1 could log in and the othe ris still saying 'come back in 30 minutes'
great Job gree, as always!!!!:mad:

ok, 2nd account up as well and I was lucky, no robberies!
But still my collection Timing is screwed up

free4ever
11-02-2014, 04:35 AM
Perhaps a reward to us that can't log in even my syndicate is at war☺and my hood is broke lol

pamper
11-02-2014, 04:44 AM
Perhaps a reward to us that can't log in even my syndicate is at war☺and my hood is broke lol
dreamer LOL :p

R2112
11-02-2014, 04:54 AM
Agree too
half from my syn can log in ...
The Rest not!!!!!
Also the Most officers can't log in .... Wtf again gree

LoG William
11-02-2014, 04:54 AM
The game is up again but the Street Assault event is broken, declared 35 minutes ago and still nothing... :(

R2112
11-02-2014, 05:12 AM
I Hope GREE will give all FIGHTERS the Gold back from street assault!!
Some FIGHTERS can't log in ... Get robbed all their buildings... Hope GREE give them the money back!

Zippy69
11-02-2014, 07:03 AM
Cheers GREE:

I was 'online' & ready for the big switch back on; throughout the advertised Time - Nada! Niente! Zip! Nothing!

Was around for 30 mins past Officially Posted Switch Back On Deadline - still freaking nothing...

Then, Real Life took priority (daughter is 8 tomorrow & we had family meal arranged) so, I had to go out...

come back to find 3 out of my 5 accounts Robbed Heavily (through NO FAULT of my own - just your tardiness!) & to add insult to injury; I'm sitting on 1250 Deploys & had missed my Syndicates 1st Big Battle, post Servers going live again...

Why should this event be any different from any others...

PS: When are we expected to receive the FREE Gold, earnt for being a Finalist in both October Appreciation Design Events...? Still waiting for Gold from the Design an Item Event!

Nighteg
11-02-2014, 08:05 AM
Managed to login about 15 minutes after gree's final deadline. Robbed over 500m in 20 minutes. We should do this once a week.

B0ST0N
11-03-2014, 05:03 AM
Stop crying everyone. It's pixel cash