PDA

View Full Version : Forum glitch?

ploop
10-23-2014, 02:30 PM
I can't go to my profile page. I click my profile and it just takes me to settings. Tried to log in and out already.

Can any mod clarify or help on why this is happening?

Vile Lynn
10-23-2014, 03:15 PM
hmm... They must be doing something. When I go to my profile page, it takes me to PMs.

Edit: That might be the settings page. PMs are listed at the top. It's definitly different tho.

Tadaaah
10-23-2014, 04:44 PM
Both are those are weird. If we were working on something on the backend, someone forgot to memo me. :P We'll pass this along to see if we can figure it out.

Vile Lynn
10-23-2014, 07:23 PM
When I go to Tadaah's profile, it looks normal. I used my last forum post on your news, Tadaaah, to go to my profile and it looks normal.

Then I used the [My Profile] link at the top of the forum, next to [Log Out] and it took me to that weird, settings profile page.

Maybe the [My Profile] link got changed?

Morgz
10-24-2014, 12:02 PM
For what it's worth, when I click my name to look at my profile, it looks normal. But when I click the link "my profile", it takes me to page that looks like a profile page for someone who isn't logged in.

ploop
10-24-2014, 02:50 PM
Yeah, so I can see my profile if i click on it from a post, but if i click on "my profile" it takes me to settings.

Looks like its not just me. Thanks for looking into it Tadaaah

ToyMaker
10-24-2014, 03:15 PM
Hey All,

Sorry about the confusion, I'm doing some work on the backend of the forums. So I'll restore that shortly.

Thanks,
~ToyMaker~

edit: Restored!

ploop
10-25-2014, 08:38 AM
Hey All,

Sorry about the confusion, I'm doing some work on the backend of the forums. So I'll restore that shortly.

Thanks,
~ToyMaker~

edit: Restored!

Thank you!

Weasel
10-26-2014, 10:10 PM
This "everywhere sidebar" is new. I hate it and noticed I could hide it, do I did. Now it's back and the option to hide it has been removed.

I assume this isn't an actual glitch, but please undo whatever actions were taken to add this nuisance feature. Viewing the forum from a mobile device is just awful now.

Edit: Seems to be fixed-ish. Can hide the sidebar again.

Dipstik
10-27-2014, 09:50 AM
Thanks for pointing out that you can get rid of it... I hadn't bothered to look closely, but that sidebar sucks.

legalious
10-27-2014, 10:01 AM
Thanks for pointing out that you can get rid of it... I hadn't bothered to look closely, but that sidebar sucks.

I don't trust the sidebar yet. Its not actively refreshing most recent.

ToyMaker
10-27-2014, 10:20 AM
Hey All,

Thanks for the feedback. We wanted to bring in a Social Media section to the forums to bring you more information from those sources.

For Mobile, you should be getting the Mobile friendly style.

http://www.funzio.com/dr-mobile/images/IMG_0940.png

Are you not getting it, or you just prefer the full site?

Thanks,
~ToyMaker~

Vile Lynn
10-27-2014, 10:49 AM
I'd rather have all info here. I've seen the FB pages and those look confusing.

KISS.

Weasel
10-27-2014, 10:49 AM
Hey All,

Thanks for the feedback. We wanted to bring in a Social Media section to the forums to bring you more information from those sources.

For Mobile, you should be getting the Mobile friendly style.

http://www.funzio.com/dr-mobile/images/IMG_0940.png

Are you not getting it, or you just prefer the full site?

Thanks,
~ToyMaker~

There is no need for a social media section on the forums as forums are already social media. It is redundant. What's the plan, have us all go check out the Gree facebook page for news or updates that should already be happening here? That really is pointless.

Additional feedback, that linked mobile version of this forum sucks. It's not that I prefer the full version, just that the mobile version is total crap.

B0ST0N
10-27-2014, 10:55 AM
There is no need for a social media section on the forums as forums are already social media. It is redundant. What's the plan, have us all go check out the Gree facebook page for news or updates that should already be happening here? That really is pointless.

Additional feedback, that linked mobile version of this forum sucks. It's not that I prefer the full version, just that the mobile version is total crap.

Then don't come on the forums

Dipstik
10-27-2014, 10:57 AM

I'm curious... can you explain the logic behind your conclusion?

ToyMaker
10-27-2014, 11:09 AM

Noted.

We'll are also looking into a new mobile styles, however it is lower priority at the moment.

~ToyMaker~

Weasel
10-27-2014, 11:09 AM

Trolling fail.