PDA

View Full Version : [AMA] Ask the Team Anything!

Tadaaah
10-23-2014, 10:14 AM
Summoners!

Join us tomorrow, October 24, and ask our game team anything! We'll being at 11am PDT and end promptly at 12pm PDT! So grab some friends and ask some questions!

Today we will be joined by:
WaffleKing: Product Manager aka Waffle Manager
Derez: Game Designer

We will unlock this thread at 11am PDT sharp and will be open for live questions for an hour! So be sure to grab your pals. We'll answer as many questions as possible.

Additionally, asking questions for exact dates aren't going to get concrete answers as dates change often. So think along the lines of game design, future planning, etc.

Remember any posts that violate the Forum Code of Conduct will be removed. Furthermore, any post that attacks, insults, implies insults, harasses our game team will result in an immediate permanent ban. So keep it classy. :D

Tadaaah
10-24-2014, 10:56 AM
Let the games begin!

Waffleking
10-24-2014, 11:00 AM
Hello

We are super excited to answer any questions you might have!

Derez
10-24-2014, 11:00 AM
Looks like everyone is busy with World Dom :D

Vile Lynn
10-24-2014, 11:03 AM
Hi hi :) Thank you for being here!

Can you please explain Attack and Def Skill Points?
How are they calculated into our raw stats?

Jnsolberg
10-24-2014, 11:04 AM
Hello, just wondering about crafting. These vouchers we've been winning, Pumpkin Head, Shrunken Head, etc, will they have a purpose later or were they just for the Hero of Hallow's Eve quest?

Also what is building defense for? It dosent seem to make any difference to me.

truthteller
10-24-2014, 11:07 AM
Hi all

since LAW was created following the same KA format (more or less) is there a chance that KA can get a 1 time skill reset scroll just like everyone got on LAW??

Derez
10-24-2014, 11:08 AM
Hi hi :) Thank you for being here!

Can you please explain Attack and Def Skill Points?
How are they calculated into our raw stats?

This was useful when the game first released but due to the stat inflation the skill points do not add a lot to the players stats anymore. This is something we are currently looking revamping with a future update to the game. We are also looking at adding an item that will allow all players reallocate their skill points when we release the update.

Waffleking
10-24-2014, 11:09 AM
Hello, just wondering about crafting. These vouchers we've been winning, Pumpkin Head, Shrunken Head, etc, will they have a purpose later or were they just for the Hero of Hallow's Eve quest?

Hi jnsolber

Yes these vouchers will have a purpose very soon. We will be introducing crafting with Hero Equip in our next game update. This will change the way the game is played in every event we offer. We are very excited for these two new features and we feel the players will be too.

Derez can answer your questions about building defense.

Derez
Hi all

since LAW was created following the same KA format (more or less) is there a chance that KA can get a 1 time skill reset scroll just like everyone got on LAW??

See my last post about skill points. We are looking into adding this.

Tex ~
Hi Tadahhh and Waffleking!
I would like to know if dark castle quest has a time limit. It shows any limit but there are rumors about the quest to be finished at the end of the upcoming war for final reward!
Rumors.... can we have official heads-up?
Thank you very much.

Vile Lynn
10-24-2014, 11:11 AM
I'd also like to know how def buildings work...

Do def builds protect buildings in their area?
How are def building stats calculated into our raw stats?

What are the money & boost buildings' defense? (Assuming they have different & unique defs)

***Special Thanks to Tadaaah for setting this up for us!***

Waffleking
10-24-2014, 11:12 AM
Hi Tadahhh and Waffleking!
I would like to know if dark castle quest has a time limit. It shows any limit but there are rumors about the quest to be finished at the end of the upcoming war for final reward!
Rumors.... can we have official heads-up?
Thank you very much.

Hi Tex

The only time limit is buying the building. The rest of Dark Castle has no time restrictions. As long as you purchase the building by the end date you will be able to finish the rest of the quest chain at your pace.

Shade CBD
10-24-2014, 11:12 AM
Hi guys!

I have a question on the box events. Could the fair chance open ratio be boosted a little? Seems like more than 2/3 of the tries end up with a sorry.

Secondly, will the vouchers we've been winning for quests to use in crafting be of equal value to previous rewards?

Vile Lynn
10-24-2014, 11:13 AM
Great to hear about SPs! Thanks!

Tadaaah
10-24-2014, 11:13 AM
***Special Thanks to Tadaaah for setting this up for us!***

Give thanks to Clementine!

Shade CBD
10-24-2014, 11:15 AM
Another question:p

Can we have some quests to try to even out the difference in our attack and defense stats? The gap seems disproportioned and effects player versus player events and wars. Hard to hit a huge defense with a smaller attack stat

Derez
10-24-2014, 11:16 AM

Building Defense

Building DEF stat is added to your DEF stat when a player raids your kingdom. The issue, again like many issues in the game, building DEF was balanced for the original game and is unbalanced due to stat inflation. We have looked into boosting the stats of the original buildings to help with this as well as rebalancing all of the other core stats. However this is a huge undertaking to make sure it is done correctly and we have not had time to make that happen but it is on our current to do list.

Currently the Tree Fort is the best stat DEF building.

Waffleking
10-24-2014, 11:18 AM
Hi guys!

I have a question on the box events. Could the fair chance open ratio be boosted a little? Seems like more than 2/3 of the tries end up with a sorry.

Secondly, will the vouchers we've been winning for quests to use in crafting be of equal value to previous rewards?

Hi Shade

We are very excited about Hero Equipment and Crafting. We wanted to get the player base excited as well. We released these vouchers so we could start supporting the new features before the new game update has been released. These vouchers will be crafted into super sweet armor for your characters so yes they will be inline with other prizes that have been given out.

Shade CBD
10-24-2014, 11:19 AM
Thanks waffleking! Good to know that our work isn't in vain

truthteller
10-24-2014, 11:20 AM
Building Defense

Building DEF stat is added to your DEF stat when a player raids your kingdom. The issue, again like many issues in the game, building DEF was balanced for the original game and is unbalanced due to stat inflation. We have looked into boosting the stats of the original buildings to help with this as well as rebalancing all of the other core stats. However this is a huge undertaking to make sure it is done correctly and we have not had time to make that happen but it is on our current to do list.

Suggestion, could it be possible, to just release 5 new DEF buildings which their combined DEF at level 10, would equal the adjustment you need to make to all the original DEF buildings, that way you do not need to adjust them
so basically add 5 new DEF buildings that will compensate (will represent) the DEF adjustment that all original DEF bldgs need

Shade CBD
10-24-2014, 11:22 AM
Suggestion.

Many players do not like the temporary boosts. It seems pretty silly to put effort into something that won't help your army in the future. Is there a way we could scale back on the boosts?

Derez
10-24-2014, 11:24 AM
Another question:p

Can we have some quests to try to even out the difference in our attack and defense stats? The gap seems disproportioned and effects player versus player events and wars. Hard to hit a huge defense with a smaller attack stat

Closing that gap is a mathematic impossibility due to how different every players stats are. However, with the up coming release of Hero Equip we will be adding new ways for players to compete in PVP and will be making some changes to the battle system that will take more of each players stats into account.

Shade CBD
10-24-2014, 11:26 AM
Thank you derez! Love to have new ways to fight other players

Derez
10-24-2014, 11:29 AM
Suggestion, could it be possible, to just release 5 new DEF buildings which their combined DEF at level 10, would equal the adjustment you need to make to all the original DEF buildings, that way you do not need to adjust them
so basically add 5 new DEF buildings that will compensate (will represent) the DEF adjustment that all original DEF bldgs need

We will be adding some new DEF buildings in the future. However, new buildings will require players to spend time and money in upgrades while rebalancing the existing building are a free boost to all existing players stats which makes the time and money that they have put into the existing buildings worth while.

Waffleking
10-24-2014, 11:31 AM
Suggestion.

Many players do not like the temporary boosts. It seems pretty silly to put effort into something that won't help your army in the future. Is there a way we could scale back on the boosts?

Hi Shade

That is a very good question. We have created temporary boosts because we wanted to be able to give players super awesome advantages that can help them through certain events but at the same time allow the design team to balance the game while still keeping competitive. We want to make sure that players still get rewards they want but keep the game fun for all players who would like to participate in our live events, pvp and raiding.

We understand that you are not fans of temporary boosts and we have scaled back on them but at the same time we have an obligation to the game and its longevity.

Shade CBD
10-24-2014, 11:34 AM
Would it be possible in the limited time quests to have a storyline? It makes the game more immersive. I know it's a lot of work, but maybe community events could be created to make quest plots?

Shade CBD
10-24-2014, 11:37 AM
Since I'm on a roll here......

I have an inventory full of worthless loot from basic player quest mobs. Last I checked, only the wolf pelt had any stats. Could these items become useful for crafting. Just looking for a way to reduce stuff.

Uberfauker
10-24-2014, 11:38 AM
Building Defense

So what you are saying is that the "building defense bonus" is an increase in the defense buildings stats not the hidden building defense stats?

Derez
10-24-2014, 11:40 AM
Would it be possible in the limited time quests to have a storyline? It makes the game more immersive. I know it's a lot of work, but maybe community events could be created to make quest plots?

We used to spend a lot of design time writing quest text and when we starting doing a lot more LTQ events it became impossible to keep up with. It also seemed the majority of the players were just clicking through the quests and never reading the text, as we get a lot of questions about information that is explained in the text. With the new push to Trials quests the team will be able to start putting more time into the LTQ events and can possibly start writing story quests again in the future.

Uberfauker
10-24-2014, 11:44 AM
Suggestion: PvP quest would be a great to have every now and then.

Also, maybe add a PvP event or a mini boss event to the trials.

Derez
10-24-2014, 11:45 AM
Since I'm on a roll here......

I have an inventory full of worthless loot from basic player quest mobs. Last I checked, only the wolf pelt had any stats. Could these items become useful for crafting. Just looking for a way to reduce stuff.

We have ideas for features that will allow players to get rid of unused items in their inventory for stats or items that would be useful. The first crafting building will be for crafting hero equipment but because of how we have designed this feature we will be able to add more buildings that allow you to craft other types of items in the future.

Waffleking
10-24-2014, 11:46 AM
Suggestion: PvP quest would be a great to have ever now and then.

Also, maybe add a PvP event or a mini boss event to the trials.

Hi Uberfauker

What an amazing suggestion =) There just might be a whole new PVP feature that will be coming out before the end of the year! Stay tuned for more information.

Derez
10-24-2014, 11:49 AM
So what you are saying is that the "building defense bonus" is an increase in the defense buildings stats not the hidden building defense stats?

The bonus gets applied to the players total building DEF stat, not just the DEF buildings.

truthteller
10-24-2014, 11:52 AM
We will be adding some new DEF buildings in the future. However, new buildings will require players to spend time and money in upgrades while rebalancing the existing building are a free boost to all existing players stats which makes the time and money that they have put into the existing buildings worth while.

True, but you can make this building to have a cost of $1 gold, to upgrade them also $1 gold, and should also take 1 minute to upgrade..............so in would take a MAX time (considering you can only upgrade 1 building at the time) of under 90 minutes to get all 5 buildings to level 10............... ;)

Captain Buck Slayer
10-24-2014, 11:54 AM
why isnt modern war working???

Samskill
Hi guys,
(We) had millions of honor points left in our coffer, are you guys planning something to make these points useful again?
Maybe can we use it to upgrade / purchase weapons etc etc.

Waffleking
True, but you can make this building to have a cost of $1 gold, to upgrade them also $1 gold, and should also take 1 minute to upgrade..............so in would take a MAX time (considering you can only upgrade 1 building at the time) of under 90 minutes to get all 5 buildings to level 10............... ;)

Our plan would be to upgrade existing building so that you do NOT have to click on new buildings. It would be much easier for the users and the development team to just adjust existing buildings and not create all new ones.

Derez
why isnt modern war working???

Whats Modern War? I was here for something called Kingdom Age..... :p

Derez
10-24-2014, 11:58 AM
Hi guys,
(We) had millions of honor points left in our coffer, are you guys planning something to make these points useful again?
Maybe can we use it to upgrade / purchase weapons etc etc.

Some of the new crafting recipes will cost honor instead of gold or gems and we will be adding more stuff that uses it as well.

Uberfauker
Whats Modern War? I was here for something called Kingdom Age..... :p

Cool answer!

Uberfauker
Thank you for doing this guys, I really appreciate this. I just had a bunch of question pop in my head, will you be doing this again?

Tadaaah
10-24-2014, 11:59 AM
Thank you for doing this guys, I really appreciate this. I just had a bunch of question pop in my head, will you be doing this again?

We'll look to do these again in the future, but we don't have a set timeline.

Tadaaah
10-24-2014, 12:00 PM
Thanks everyone that participated!