PDA

View Full Version : Regen Time Help Please!

Sacrifice
10-21-2014, 10:07 PM
If I am sitting at -40% regen time on one account and -44% regen time on another account, how long should it take me to fully regen when empty?

After the temporary boosts were taken away this round my regen time (on the clock) has increased greatly to much higher than it was before the temporary boosts were ever given out. I need to get an idea what my time should be at with these percentages because I think the percentages are correct, but they are not working correctly to decrease my time as much as they should.

Seph
10-21-2014, 10:10 PM
If I am sitting at -40% regen time on one account and -44% regen time on another account, how long should it take me to fully regen when empty?

After the temporary boosts were taken away this round my regen time (on the clock) has increased greatly to much higher than it was before the temporary boosts were ever given out. I need to get an idea what my time should be at with these percentages because I think the percentages are correct, but they are not working correctly to decrease my time as much as they should.

Full regen is 100 minutes (aka 100%). Subtract your regen bonus from that and you'll be almost spot on. The only difference comes with the rounding... Seems GREE is more likely to round your stated bonus to the more desirable side.

Sacrifice
10-23-2014, 04:00 PM
Now I know for sure these health regen percentages are not adding up. I just received the master speed prize that Gree gave out for the issue with the freeze ups on both my accounts. I received a -5% regen on both accounts. I now went from -40% to -43% and my -44% just went to -47%.

Where does this math come from? I only received an actual 3% decrease on both accounts for the 5% I was supposed to get. How does the math add up on this one?

Gree, please explain this one!

Jaded Fusion
10-23-2014, 04:08 PM
Now I know for sure these health regen percentages are not adding up. I just received the master speed prize that Gree gave out for the issue with the freeze ups on both my accounts. I received a -5% regen on both accounts. I now went from -40% to -43% and my -44% just went to -47%.

Where does this math come from? I only received an actual 3% decrease on both accounts for the 5% I was supposed to get. How does the math add up on this one?

Gree, please explain this one!

Because you can never be -100% so it added up different....old news guy, it's working fine.

Highland Cam
10-23-2014, 04:13 PM
The health bonuses are multiplicative (i.e. law of diminishing returns applies) so the extra 5% is multipled against your other boosts. As an example if you had 40% regen boost and gained another 10% your total regen moves to 46% - i.e. extra impact = (100%-40%) x 10% = 60% x 10% = 6%. Then new total = 40% + 6%.

Hope that makes sense

Sacrifice
10-23-2014, 04:13 PM
Because you can never be -100% so it added up different....old news guy, it's working fine.

My time has greatly increased since these temporary bonuses have been awarded and then taken away. Prior to the temporary bonuses I was under 50 minutes to full regen, now I am at 59! That is quite a spike in time. Something is not working correctly and I am trying to figure out if it is the percentages that were taken away from me were more than they should have been or if the percentages are actually not working on my accounts. That is why I am posting this to get help. I sent tickets to Gree, but have not received help yet so I am asking for help from others.

Jaded Fusion
10-23-2014, 04:59 PM
Its just the way the math is done.

it depends which health regen you got first and what % they are.
for example if you had no health regen mods but got two -15% mods then afterwards got a -5% mod your regen would be 68.63%. Knowing gree it would be 68mins to full or -32% not -35%.

100*.15 = 85
85*.15 = 72.25
72.25*.05=68.63 <---- your health regen total

of course this is not factoring in faction regen bonus. Just your profile without any health regen mods.

Seph
10-23-2014, 06:42 PM
Its just the way the math is done.

it depends which health regen you got first and what % they are.
for example if you had no health regen mods but got two -15% mods then afterwards got a -5% mod your regen would be 68.63%. Knowing gree it would be 68mins to full or -32% not -35%.

100*.15 = 85
85*.15 = 72.25
72.25*.05=68.63 <---- your health regen total

of course this is not factoring in faction regen bonus. Just your profile without any health regen mods.

The order in which the bonus was received does not make a difference, and you're using the wrong part of the fraction in your calclulations.
Example A:

100 x 0.8 = 80
80 x 0.9 = 72

This example suggests you received a 20% bonus and then a 10%, which results in a full regen time of 72 mins after.

Now reaerve the order they are revived:

100 x 0.9 = 90
90 x 0.8 = 72

Same bonuses, in reverse order and the result is the same. As highland said, diminishing returns. And it doesn't matter what order the bonuses are applied.

Jaded Fusion
10-23-2014, 06:58 PM
The order in which the bonus was received does not make a difference, and you're using the wrong part of the fraction in your calclulations.
Example A:

100 x 0.8 = 80
80 x 0.9 = 72

This example suggests you received a 20% bonus and then a 10%, which results in a full regen time of 72 mins after.

Now reaerve the order they are revived:

100 x 0.9 = 90
90 x 0.8 = 72

Same bonuses, in reverse order and the result is the same. As highland said, diminishing returns. And it doesn't matter what order the bonuses are applied.

it doesn't matter if you want to use 0.9 or .15. I just didn't show all my work, this isn't elementary. The bonuses are working correctly. And that's all that matters....

Seph
10-23-2014, 08:45 PM
it doesn't matter if you want to use 0.9 or .15. I just didn't show all my work, this isn't elementary. The bonuses are working correctly. And that's all that matters....

I was just commenting on your statement of, "it depends which health regen you got first and what % they are". You make it sound like it truly matters if you receive a 20% bonus prior to a 5%.

Seph
10-23-2014, 08:50 PM

Also, "it doesn't matter if you want to use 0.9 or .15"...? That makes absolutely no sense, just like your equations....

On what planet does 100 x 0.15 = 85?