PDA

View Full Version : Evolution or revolution, that's the question.

steelhead
10-20-2014, 06:50 AM
So, people who played for years and spend thousands can be raided by almost anyone. Defense doesn't matter and soon stats all together wont matter. For full/frontal assault you don't need stats. So, what are you playing for? Just a new picture? Does it matter if gree would gave 50% allience attack boost for every event.
At this point, i can defeat everyone in this game. 3 months ago top 5 factions were untouchable for me. And you know what? I don't like it. They were supposed to be untouchable, at least for the short term. Sure i want to get closer to the top, but not like this.
Rich people like being above others. And poor people try and hope to get in that position. Now... what if everyone was rich? Would that work?
Give people something to work for. Some trying to catch up and some trying to stay ahead. History teached us communism didn't work out. Capitalism on the other hand.....

bam bam.
10-20-2014, 07:30 AM
There is another thread on this dude. You know the one!

steelhead
10-20-2014, 08:12 AM
There is another thread on this dude. You know the one!

Yep, i know. I was about to post on that thread, but decided to do this instead. Hoping another thread will make them see, they're (gree) on the wrong track.

Comrade John
10-20-2014, 08:25 AM
hey, why would you spend thousands of dollars on a video game? looks like you've got your priorities in order. if you didn't notice, gree is a company meant to make money. they don't make money by discouraging new players from joining, because eventually all the old players would stop and then they wouldn't have pretty much anyone. i joined almost 2 years ago and i don't spend money on gold, and i cannot raid anyone over 400 million defense. i do everything free, especially because i initially did buy gold to get a sweet 11k air unit with an air boost when i first joined. now that unit is fairly useless. top players have over billions of attack. they are untouchable to people who play free for years. if you don't like wasting money, don't do it.

Adm. J(K96)
10-20-2014, 08:38 AM
How can you play for two years, even for free, and not be able to beat a 400m defense?

steelhead
10-20-2014, 08:45 AM
hey, why would you spend thousands of dollars on a video game? looks like you've got your priorities in order. if you didn't notice, gree is a company meant to make money. they don't make money by discouraging new players from joining, because eventually all the old players would stop and then they wouldn't have pretty much anyone. i joined almost 2 years ago and i don't spend money on gold, and i cannot raid anyone over 400 million defense. i do everything free, especially because i initially did buy gold to get a sweet 11k air unit with an air boost when i first joined. now that unit is fairly useless. top players have over billions of attack. they are untouchable to people who play free for years. if you don't like wasting money, don't do it.

Why would one spend hundreds of thousands for an exclusive car, when a modest car can get you also from A to B? Because they can?

Comrade John
10-20-2014, 08:45 AM
How can you play for two years, even for free, and not be able to beat a 400m defense?

because i didn't spend gold/get many free gold opportunities/no life play the game? i check in every few hours, and have work/commuting?

i also don't buy units yet, i'm waiting til i get a better income per hour.

it's very easy not to spend thousands of dollars

Comrade John
10-20-2014, 08:47 AM
Why would one spend hundreds of thousands for an exclusive car, when a modest car can get you also from A to B? Because they can?

expensive cars are much better than modest cars in terms of performance. they can last many years if taken care of, and many people know you're rich when you drive a maserati. not many people care that you're a top 100 faction on a video game lol

Adm. J(K96)
10-20-2014, 11:33 AM
because i didn't spend gold/get many free gold opportunities/no life play the game? i check in every few hours, and have work/commuting?

it's very easy not to spend thousands of dollarsSo you play the same way I did. You could have very easily gotten stats twice what you have without ever spending a dime, let alone thousands.

RazAlguise
10-20-2014, 01:18 PM
Comrade John. I've been playing seriously for free since 2012 and wasn't always in a top 150 faction about 9 months ago. And I'm now able to complete all events and well this last cycle gained 800/650Mil stats from all the units and bonuses Gree gave out. And the fact that at 1.5B attack I could raid SUP and anyone else in the game due to some weird **** up by Gree. Anyways. You can play free and still get somewhere in the game. I've bought 1 vault in the entire time I've played this game. That's it.
Anyways the game is broken. I liked the game before India WD and shortly after that it went downhill. Good day to you and good luck.

Kefa
10-20-2014, 02:01 PM
hey, why would you spend thousands of dollars on a video game?...

For the same reason someone would spend tens of thousands of dollars on a boat and equipment then spend all weekend on a lake in the rain just to get 10 lbs of trout they could buy at the store for $30. Recreation.

bam bam.
10-20-2014, 06:13 PM
For the same reason someone would spend tens of thousands of dollars on a boat and equipment then spend all weekend on a lake in the rain just to get 10 lbs of trout they could buy at the store for $30. Recreation.

Well said, you purchase entertainment. Not anything physical, you don't even own your account... They do!.

I'm fine with that so long as what you purchase is what is advertised.

robmurphy
10-21-2014, 06:03 AM
I hardly ever have a whinge at people on here who have a go at those of us who use gold. Modern War is a hobby. I used to play a lot of golf, and I used to spend a lot of money on green fee's, clubs, balls, clothing (not to mention in the bar after the game). At the end of the game I have nothing 'physical' to justify my investment. I have memories of good shots, angst about bad shots and a score card.

Modern War is very similar to golf. I spend money on it and at the end of an event/cycle, I have memories of good battles, angst about missing out on a prize unit and a screen full of pretty pixels.

So people like Comrade John, stop whinging about those of us who spend money on this game. I don't care if you play gold free, that's your choice. I am in a Top 10 faction, I'm there because I want to be, because I enjoy the camaraderie of the members of my faction and because I chose to pay to be there.

Seriously, all this whinging isn't going to stop me and hundreds/thousands of people continuing to spend money. It's our money, we can do whatever the hell we like with it.

Modern War is one of my hobbies, I like playing it and I prefer it to traipsing around 18 holes in the rain anymore......The only thing I don't like about MW is the whining and whinging mob who think their evangelical preaching is going to convince us power hungry monsters to stop spending..........it's not

Please be quiet

I Will Merc You
10-21-2014, 12:25 PM

it's very easy not to spend thousands of dollars

You only check in every few hours to collect....but, you find time to waste our time with your thoughtless posts.

Source considered :)

Speed ump
10-21-2014, 02:01 PM
It's funny. This actually began a year ago, and has only gotten worse, when sup bothered to mention it ( remember, almost no one could touch us) we were derided as complainers. I've grown used to it, I rarely open my game, except for faction events, it's ruined the raiding and attacking portion of the game. I've just resigned myself that the faction events are the only part of the game I play. I don't even participate in any type of Indy events. In fltq, I will only hit the faction ones, not a single hit in Indy.

Campy McCamperpants
10-21-2014, 03:26 PM
History teached us communism didn't work out.
But it didn't teach you the past tense of teach (taught). Unless such is the case that English is, in fact, your 4th language, then I would be the one looking like an idiot.

Speed ump
10-21-2014, 09:13 PM
John, you didn't like when he crticized your way of playing. Don't put yourself in the same position. Not everyone spends money for a nice care so that others will think they have money, and I very seriously doubt anyone thought the same about how much they spend on a game. Campy, really? Isn't the a gaming forum, not an English class? I guess despite the word he used, you clearly understood what he meant. So he effectively communicated his point. If misspelled or misused words bother you that much, I'd suggest that you stop reading this forum, you will be very frustrated. I know I misspell and misuse words all the time. Could be we are all just a bunch of hicks, and you're the only educated one here. Even hicks like to socialize, and have as much right to do so as brain surgeons. No need to prove your intellegence, we can plainly see it.

steelhead
10-22-2014, 06:44 AM
But it didn't teach you the past tense of teach (taught). Unless such is the case that English is, in fact, your 4th language, then I would be the one looking like an idiot.

Actually it is my third language. German being my fourth. I am an immigrant (second generation), so, i have 2 other languages as my mother language. But, you're right, i shouldn't have made that mistake.

And as speed stated: it's about the message. Or would you prefer a post in my mother language? lol

Adm. J(K96)
10-22-2014, 10:07 AM
Or would you prefer a post in my mother language? lol
As long as its not that Vietnamese nonsense we've been seeing around here lol.

Jon Boy
10-22-2014, 10:40 AM
I have never brought gold yet play every couple of hours. I must be doing something wrong!

FYV
10-22-2014, 11:01 AM
I kind of agree with the original post here. I've been playing a few years so no novice, and yes the game would be better if there wasn't such a gulf between attack and defense stats. I think more defense bonuses could quickly rectify this. Especially, building defense bonuses.... it would be great if the defense/attack skills played a great part (as an element of surprise)

Also, whilst I am at it, I don't see the point in giving temp bonuses that almost everyone can acquire.... They are not really a bonus at all.

Thanks for listening ;o)