PDA

View Full Version : Continual Decline

My2cents
10-20-2014, 05:59 AM
This game has been in decline for so long, but it is very gradual where long term players accept the little changes. If I started today there'd be no way I'd continue longer than a month. Kind of like getting into water. Gradually turning up the heat until it is boiling. Suddenly you feel the need to get out.

I don't know if I'm to that point yet, but there are so many complaints. It once was pleasurable to log onto the forum and read in depth stratgies. Now about 90% of the threads are complaints. I've been on nearly 3 years, $15,000,000,000 banked, $61M IPH, and plenty of gold on hand...who knows if I will use it or just let this go.

Nostalgia was once considered a mental disease. My nostalgic feelings for Funzio confirms that.

B0ST0N
10-20-2014, 06:48 AM
It does suck when you come on here and just here complaints. Gree deserves some of them but even when they do something decent people still complain.

Weasel
10-20-2014, 07:41 AM
Funzio was just as bad. Do not forget people used to call them "Conzio" for a reason. If you think now is any worse than things have ever been, it's more than likely a good time for you to move along to greener pastures.

Max Power
10-20-2014, 08:14 AM
We are in interesting times with this stuff. This is pretty much a business model that ten years ago was unheard of. And the success of this business model preys on some pretty basic human instincts, emotions, peer pressure, a sense of belonging, a sense or accomplishment, a generation of socially inept individuals, all sorts of things. As the old timers say, "water seeks it's level", and I think it will with the "freemium" concept as well. The technology is too young to know how it will play out, but many games like these we are playing from Gree will adapt or die. There may be more refined ways to get people hooked, there might be systems where companies charge for the game up from like a PS3 game, there might be hybrids, hard to say at this point.

My distant observation, distant because I cant really see what others are really doing, is that mainstream players for the most part are realizing the folly of the expense, and the hard core are justifying spending more, but we are still early in this social experiment, and I wouldn't rule out these games going the way of the dodo bird in the next decade. I don't see people dropping $100 large for such little return in the distant future. I think we may look back on it with the same bemusement on why people paid so much for Cabbage Patch dolls.

TCSGrunt
10-20-2014, 08:51 AM
ultimately it's about if you enjoy the game or not.

Dipstik
10-20-2014, 12:15 PM
Hey anonymous moderators: Thanks for at least DELETING my post without comment instead of just changing it so it says what you want it to say. There was nothing about that post, however, that violated any of your rules. I quoted the post directly above this one with approval. If you're deleting friendly posts because they contain the word "noob," then I'd suggest you've got misplaced priorities...

B0ST0N
10-20-2014, 12:19 PM
Hey anonymous moderators: Thanks for at least DELETING my post without comment instead of just changing it so it says what you want it to say. There was nothing about that post, however, that violated any of your rules. I quoted the post directly above this one with approval. If you're deleting friendly posts because they contain the word "noob," then I'd suggest you've got misplaced priorities...

Maybe they don't like you.

Dipstik
10-20-2014, 12:35 PM
Moderators love me.

Heapsofblue
10-20-2014, 03:25 PM
Moderators love me.

Must be the only ones that do. Your just a pain to most people.

Dipstik
10-20-2014, 03:39 PM
"You're"

To the mods: note how this guy is called a "newbie" in his profile? I rest my case.

Rodimus
10-20-2014, 03:54 PM
"You're"

To the mods: note how this guy is called a "newbie" in his profile? I rest my case.

Now, now, Dippy he ain't hurtin' nobody

Dipstik
10-20-2014, 04:11 PM
No I mean if they call people newbies right in the profile, then a post saying "such wisdom from the mouths of noobs..." Shouldn't be deleted. The blue heap over there isn't worth responding to, I was just helping him with his grammar.

Tadaaah
10-20-2014, 04:16 PM
Locking. Trolling/Off-Topic. Warning.