PDA

View Full Version : Ridiculous Matchups

ezmunie
10-18-2014, 06:24 AM
We are currently fighting a top 10 team. Most, if not all, of their 60 players are +2billion in stats. We are a team of 55 and none of our players have anywhere near those stats. We have one guy with 1billion defense, and that's only because of all these inflated stats. Gree calls this a fair matchup based on their computer calculations?

Nothing like sitting and hitting the command center for an hour.

Gree, take away the inflated stats and reprogram your computer so the matchups are fair, based on real stats.

Bndawgs
10-18-2014, 08:49 AM
this might be a record for longest time after wde started before a matchup complaint thread was started. no offense

I Will Merc You
10-18-2014, 09:02 AM
We are currently fighting a top 10 team. Most, if not all, of their 60 players are +2billion in stats. We are a team of 55 and none of our players have anywhere near those stats. We have one guy with 1billion defense, and that's only because of all these inflated stats. Gree calls this a fair matchup based on their computer calculations?

Gree, take away the inflated stats and reprogram your computer so the matchups are fair, based on real stats.

The matchup system is fine. What has happened is you have run into either; a streak team, who is laying low, punishing weaker opponents, or, you have scored too many points and are now facing the big dogs.

qwertyguy
10-18-2014, 10:14 AM
ditto...I will Merc You

Mr Big C
10-18-2014, 11:16 AM
From the first matchup, we have been faced with much stronger teams. Several top 10 teams and the majority are top 100 teams. Our team generally sits in the 250-300 range. We are currently in the top 400's and are still getting matched with top teams. It can not be that our score was too high, since it has been from war 1 and we are having trouble scoring many points at all on these teams (so our score can't be that high). I'm not complaining, just trying to give some facts and say that it seems the matching algorithm has changed.

Arc9761
10-18-2014, 07:46 PM
Sorry to hear you are having crappy match ups.
We have had some of the best looking matchups since I've started on the team.
We are currently 5/10, and top 700.
Three times, we were matched with teams within 5 positions, and almost all the matches were close.

Socks
10-18-2014, 07:53 PM
I guess we're kind of having the same problem, except we're being matched up with factions that we are absolutely destroying. All of our wins have been by 4x what the losing team scored. Our couple losses were very close.

Lucky Strike
10-19-2014, 12:06 PM

This morning we got matched up against Only Sup Wins, we are ranked top 520-ish. Needless to say we'd almost won ;-). Never thought we'd be fighting against the #1.

Vercingetorix
10-19-2014, 12:07 PM
Our matchups have been fair for the most part but we have found three seperate factions more than once. We are on battle number 22. We have had targets each battle and so has the other team. Thus far, our DL have been able to knock out the other DL with regular attack all but once.

We are small faction of mostly semi active accts. top 2000 or so.

Rowe1985
10-19-2014, 12:10 PM
Our match ups have been pretty good for once, can't complain on that.

CTRC(SW) UMBRA
10-19-2014, 02:36 PM
No complaints about matchups here. All our targets have been a balanced matchup. You probably got the best match based on the teams available when you declared.

plavine
10-19-2014, 04:52 PM
We have gotten the fairest matchups in months, but I am sure the multiple attack bonuses are responsible. Any way , actually enjoying battle weekend for the first time in a while

WBS
10-19-2014, 06:07 PM
Our matchups have been good for the most part we haven't won as much but have scored more points. We are top 250. I am pleased with match ups so far

psuengineer
10-19-2014, 06:23 PM
75% of our matchups have been against top 100 teams in Bangkok including Only Sup Wins........we are ranked 400. 400 vs. 1.......that sounds fair. Our rank could be much higher if 80% of my team could actually hit a friggin target. Call me less than pleased with the matchups!

Selfproclaimed
10-19-2014, 09:28 PM
Haha. VFF LIMA got matched up with Only Sup Wins. We're placed around 375-400 range. It must of mistaken us for sandbaggers or one of our other high placed teams. And we aren't even close to a streak team. 2 in a row I don't think would fall in that category. We don't put up major points. That's just gree logic

Flash0810
10-20-2014, 09:46 AM
So far, we have had some good matchups and cannot complain about them. Actually, this is one of the first WD cycles where GREE seems to have gotten the matchups ironed out. But then again, it's always the luck of the draw at the time you declare.........

I Will Merc You
10-20-2014, 09:53 AM
Would love to see a screenshot of a top 400 team vs. Only SUP Wins...

...if said screenshot exists....

psuengineer
10-20-2014, 07:17 PM
Would love to see a screenshot of a top 400 team vs. Only SUP Wins...

...if said screenshot exists....

ask and you shall receive. We didn't even bother hitting the CC. we just hit at beginning and started fresh in next war.

Jon Boy
10-22-2014, 07:31 AM
Some of are match ups have been one sided in the last event. But that seems to be the luck of the draw.

I Will Merc You
10-22-2014, 09:47 AM
ask and you shall receive. We didn't even bother hitting the CC. we just hit at beginning and started fresh in next war.

Thank you, and, with this evidence, I have taken the side of 'Ridiculous Match-Ups'.

With that said, aside from the top 5..maybe 10.....SUP is a horrible match-up for anyone.

Tadaaah
10-22-2014, 10:42 AM
The World Domination matcher is designed to provide the best match-ups available; at certain points of time, when many Factions are already in battle, the best available match ups may still feel unbalanced. We are continually looking for ways to improve on this system.