PDA

View Full Version : [Player Appreciation Month] Design An In-Game Item

Clementine
10-14-2014, 08:00 PM
For Official Rules, please click here (http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?100507). If you are a minor, your legal guardian will have to agree to accept the Official Rules. Please see the Official Rules for details.

Attention Modern War players! We are looking for your most formidable and awe-inspiring ideas for a new Unit or Building! We know you have awesome ideas. Now’s your chance to prove it to everyone by entering our “Design a Unit” Contest!

Ten finalist entries will be chosen by Community Managers. The final winner will be determined by a community vote!

Contest Schedule

October 15th through October 27th (12 Midnight PDT) - Entries Accepted
October 28th - Ten Finalists Announced
October 28th through October 31st (12 Midnight PDT) - Community Voting
November 1st - Winner Announced
Where to Submit Your Entry

Please post your entries in this official thread

Rules

In order to be eligible, your submission must adhere to the following rules
Your submission must adhere to GREE’s Terms of Service (http://product.gree.net/us/en/terms/)
Your submission must adhere to the GREE Forum’s Code of Conduct (http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?96769-Forum-Code-of-Conduct), particularly the following points in the Code of Conduct regarding:

- Abusive and/or Disrespectful Content towards other Players and Staff
- Obscene, Vulgar, and Inappropriate Text/Images/Links
- Racial, Ethnic, Nationality Posts
- Politics and Religion/Religious Figures
Your submission must be your own original idea and cannot infringe on the copyrights of another individual, corporation or entity
Submissions must fit within the theme and feel of Modern War
Submission Requirements

When submitting your entry, make sure that you include the following

The name of your item
A description and/or artwork of your item
Your Invite Code
An active and enabled forum account (winners will be contacted via PM)
Judging Criteria

Your entry will be judged on the following criteria

Creativity
How well your entry fits the theme of Modern War
Prizes

Ten Finalists
100 Gold
Top Winner
250 Gold + The Winning Item
Restrictions and Conditions

Limited to 3 entries per participant
Your submission must be a design for a Building or a Unit that is used in battle/fights
Prizes can only be distributed to the game you are designing for
Final submission acceptance and eligibility is at the discretion of GREE
Your Invite Code must be submitted with your entry in order to be eligible to receive a prize
Final implementation and depiction of the winning entry will be at the discretion and final approval of GREE
While the contest winners will be announced November 1st please note that final implementation of the winning Unit will be done at a future date and will be announced on the GREE forums.
GREE reserves the right to alter or revoke a winning entry at its discretion if it is found that the entry does not comply to the rules of the contest

RealLoads
10-15-2014, 07:13 PM
Item Name: All Terrain Armored Combatant (ATAC)
Item Design: http://gyazo.com/394be4fc3e6e0f7f924c72eba55951c6
Description: Infantry Assault Robot
Modern War invite code: 573 895 367

warrior of the young guns
10-15-2014, 08:44 PM
I will make an infantry unit with99, 013, 645 attack and 111, 721, 287 defense. Limit 1 per person. Texture of what used to be the jungle stalker. It costs $823, 000, 000 and can only be unlocked by having all level 10 unit buildings and being past therank generAl. Or can be unlocked with 50 gold.boost- +1000% building payout 1 building only. Also -50% health rejen. Finally the last boost is +300% air, ground, infantry and sea power.

Unit name-chemacaly enhanced alien stalker-story-he wasa scientist who was loyal to his nation.he found a new creaturre, an alien smarterthan 502.74 einstiens combined. He studied it and got a cut. He didnt notice untill the alien soakedinto him making them one creature. The scientist found his powers and immediately joined the army.

My game :modern war
My alliance id: 187659079

RazAlguise
10-16-2014, 08:52 AM
I want more iconic and profitable LTB's coming up. Ones that stand out from the rest either through cost of the LTB or its significant beauty or just how it looks. I like the pattern of expensive and then cheap LTB each cycle. But for the expensive ones give us veteran players LTB's that cost $300 mil and up. Also as an example. Put out famous LTB's such as the Musée du Louvre of France. Or Big Ben of London, England. Buildings and monuments that stand out or that country is well known for.
Also keep the events just how they are. It's nice to have events that aren't always switching around each week. I like how MW is right now. Thx.

MW ID is 665093607 ShOcKwAvE K7

Lift Ticket
10-16-2014, 09:12 AM
I think Thief should take the award for "New Building Idea"....I think many forum members have already weighed in....

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?95558-Which-Building

Any of these buildings would be a nice addition to the game, all of them would be even better!!

warrior of the young guns
10-16-2014, 12:53 PM
Its an existing building but I think it should cost 5000 gold and give 500 gold 1 time a week and $100,000,000 every 2 days
It should take 5 weeks to build and add 1 each level. Each one will double income untill level 7 then it will add half. Upgrades should start at 1 bil and go to 100 bil.
Picture http://www.industrytap.com/how-they-built-fort-knox-gold-bullion-depository/7986
Alliance code 187659079
Raids will only give money not gold.
Please vote fore victorious silas in the raid boss event if you like this.

Jaded Fusion
10-16-2014, 02:18 PM
Unit Name - The Fusion

He is the leader of the EXO army. EXO's are known for their extremely strong exoskeletons. Even if the human inside the exoskeleton is killed the exoskeleton itself will continue to kill. Nothing stands in the way of the leader The Fusion. As he is more metal then human by now.
The Fusion will pick up the remains of the enemy from the battle field to make more EXOs for his army. He will never rest till the world is his.

http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q778/justsimply3/850b0608d9bfae42d4bc3e5307ab3ed9_zps0d2656d0.jpg

codys21
10-16-2014, 04:44 PM
My idea for a new money building is the Burj Khalifa. It is currently the tallest building in the world and also one of the most expensive to be built. It cost $1.5 billion USD to build. My idea would be to have it taller than any other building in Modern War, and cost the same $1.5 billion to build. It would have a 24 hour cycle and have an income of $10 million at level one.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/danielcheong/6312911752/

I also like the idea to use other iconic, popular buildings. I would like to see other expensive buildings like the Marina Bay Sands in Singapore (currently the most expensive, inflation adjusted, building ever) or Antilla in Mumbai to be used in the game as well. These more expensive buildings could be used for the "expensive" LTB cycle while older buildings like the Leaning Tower of Pisa, Big Ben, the Colosseum, or Pantheon could be used to the "inexpensive" LTB cycle.

https://www.bluffton.edu/~sullivanm/romanpantheon/frontdet.jpg

Pissapigov
10-17-2014, 03:53 AM
In honour of the Gree forum legend, Crime City Mark, I bring you Crime City Mark's Witty Tank! In memory and celebration of his years of service, his constant effort to help players and his humorous replies and witty comebacks to silly threads. Long live CCM and the good old days :)

It could be called Crime City Mark's Witty Tank or CCM Witty Tank, I think either of them sound pretty catchy but the second one is obviously less of a mouthful to say.

Obviously it would need to have pretty strong stats for such an epic unit, so at least as strong as the recent unit rewards so that it's at the top of peoples deployed list and lots of people see it and are reminded of CCM.
It would also need a really good boost, something outrageous like a 100% income boost or 50% unit strength or something (this is flexible as i realise it might be rather stupid).

OR MAYBE (I keep adding to this because I think of something extra every 5 minutes) this could be a new type of item that it a cross between a money building and a unit, so you unlock it and then you can upgrade it to level 10, which increases both it's unit strength and IPH. This would add a cool new dimension to the game and could be used for future releases too. It would also be cool to see the unit moving around your/other peoples bases.

This is more or less how I imagine it would look:

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x46/dobbinish/CCMtankfinished_zps48f66e73.png (http://s182.photobucket.com/user/dobbinish/media/CCMtankfinished_zps48f66e73.png.html)

The confetti could look a bit more realistic but i'm not that good at photoshop.

My in game code: 967112058

Good luck everyone.

Thanks.

Alex3000
10-18-2014, 12:34 PM
Name. Capitol Provision
building
Sea based, large blue dome.(like a blue L.E.D. Chip)
Upgrade able level 1-10
Very expensive
Only available if 50+ % of buildings are upgraded to level 10 already.
Provides random prize just like the scratchers.
Quality and frequency of prized based on level. Level 10 would provide prize every 24hrs and only the top prizes are available at level 10
Building is raid able if not collected, just like money building.
Player Id 215968333

Z€RO
10-21-2014, 02:27 PM
This would be an ltb for an Egypt world domination. Would look like a go!den pyramid surrounded by palm trees and maybe old Egyptian treasures. Would be an expensive ltb; maybe 1B to buy it but would have a payout to match. Perhaps 10mill per 24 hours.

My second submission is a silver carrier. This would be an air unit that looks like a metallic airship that has thousands of small robotic controlled "drones" flying out of it. This unit would have 10million attack and defense and would have a boost of 25% alliance DEFENCE.

My third submission is another ltb. It would be called a manufacturing facility. This ltb would cost less. Maybe 200 million cash and it would have a special boost. -5 %. Upgrade cost per level. Looks like several silver cubes bunched together

redvenge99
10-21-2014, 03:51 PM
While working in the tasman sea at a secret bioweapon factory, Dr Erwin after 3 yrs of research has finally perfected his cybernetic armor. With this armor he could assure that the troops could now prevail in the continuous battle for world domination.

The suite also known as Erwins Armor has taking nanotechnology to a whole new level. With this new technology the suite binds with the troops at a molecular level and increase there heath regeneration by 30%. The technology and programming has has finally been sent to the test site in south England for field testing and the results have been overwhelmingly positive. Within he next few weeks Erwins
Armor will begin its final step before mass production, at the training estate in south England.

Unit name: Erwins Armor
Invite code 919-904-454

Campy McCamperpants
10-21-2014, 04:21 PM
Gree Appreciator
Infantry
Attack - 0
Defense - 0
Bonus - +2 Building Upgrade, +7 Energy Regen, -20 Upgrade Time, +30% Building Output, +25 Raid Payout, +10 Alliance Members, +2 Guild Member Increase
The icon could look something like this

Player Code 900 735 995

Z€RO
10-21-2014, 05:06 PM
This would be an ltb for an Egypt world domination. Would look like a go!den pyramid surrounded by palm trees and maybe old Egyptian treasures. Would be an expensive ltb; maybe 1B to buy it but would have a payout to match. Perhaps 10mill per 24 hours.

My second submission is a silver carrier. This would be an air unit that looks like a metallic airship that has thousands of small robotic controlled "drones" flying out of it. This unit would have 10million attack and defense and would have a boost of 25% alliance DEFENCE.

My third submission is another ltb. It would be called a manufacturing facility. This ltb would cost less. Maybe 200 million cash and it would have a special boost. -5 %. Upgrade cost per level. Looks like several silver cubes bunched together

Hi sorry i forgot to put my ally code.
And for the manufacturing facility, instead of a -5% upgrade cost, it produces 1 energy refill every 10 days at lvl 1 and with eachlevel Increased, you wait one less day for the energy refill. Thus at lvl 10, only wait 1 day for a refill

Richros
10-21-2014, 06:19 PM
Can their be nudity.

Richros
10-21-2014, 06:21 PM
Hahaha.... 250 gold is way cheaper than paying employees. Very smart. Can we next do some development for gold

Tadaaah
10-22-2014, 09:25 AM
Can their be nudity.

No, any entry that breaks the Forum Code of Conduct will be disqualified.

tricia t
10-22-2014, 05:04 PM
A building that pays out with energy 1 time a day for lvl 1, 2 times a day for lvl 2 and so on. And that the energy could be saved for when needed. I think a building built like a lightening volt would be awesome.

tricia t
10-22-2014, 05:16 PM
A building that pays out with energy 1 time a day for lvl 1, 2 times a day for lvl 2 and so on. And that the energy could be saved for when needed. I think a building built like a lightening volt would be awesome.

Member: 208-071-616
My game: modern war

Wingman GRI
10-23-2014, 07:52 AM
Name: Radar Station
Building Type: Defense
Bonus: Alliance Defense up to 40%

Thief
10-26-2014, 11:05 AM
I think Thief should take the award for "New Building Idea"....I think many forum members have already weighed in....

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?95558-Which-Building

Any of these buildings would be a nice addition to the game, all of them would be even better!!

Thank you Lift Ticket I have been skipping over the Stickied threads lately and someone just pointed this out to me.

All of these buildings have shown to be very popular within the community and they are useful for Battles/Fights (Through either gold, Health or Energy (NPC fights)

-Gold Mine-Produces gold. Plain and simple. As all buildings it has 10 Levels. A level 1 produces 1 gold every 24 hours while a level 10 produces 10 gold every 24 hours. The amount of gold is minimal but just like watching videos (which some people get and some don't) it a little incentive. A tease to help our gold reserves while probably pushing us to buy more gold once we have started to spend it.

Purchase Price: 250 Million (2 Available)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Fountain of Youth- Health Regeneration. "A man sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices his money to recuperate his health." Probably the most enticing potential new building in the game. A true gem and challenge that all can aspire to obtain. As such as the Red Light District This building will work in 2% increments for quicker for health Regen. (lvl 10 is 20%)

Purchase Price 750 Million (1 Available)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holy Temple of War- Energy Regeneration. More wars have been fought over Religion than any other factor. This is not just any religion though...this is one that forces us to stay glued to our phones tap tap taping for hours on end. Its a dedication that so many have accepted and sucked in. This building will work in 2% increments for quicker for Energy Regen. (lvl 10 is 20%)

Purchase Price 500 Million (1 Available)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bonus Building (one that hasn't been mentioned in the past that I believe the community would like to see but don't need credit or compensation if implemented...actually I would like to see them all added and no compensation to my account is needed just having the option to use them in game is enough for me)

Research and Development Command Center: Sometimes a war is won or lost before troops have even hit the battlefield. The R&D CC helps give Generals the competitive advantage they are looking for pushing our troops to get to the frontlines before our opponents do without the use of bribing our troops with gold. However doing so takes lots of time and Money which is why this is a slow upgrade that costs a pretty penny to build and upgrade. This building will work in 2% increments for quicker Frontline Deploy regen (lvl 10 is 20%)

Cost is 666 Million and building a level 1 takes 72 hours.

Player ID: 968-586-123

Dickwad
10-26-2014, 11:18 AM
Thank you Lift Ticket I have been skipping over the Stickied threads lately and someone just pointed this out to me.

All of these buildings have shown to be very popular within the community and they are useful for Battles/Fights (Through either gold, Health or Energy (NPC fights)

-Gold Mine-Produces gold. Plain and simple. As all buildings it has 10 Levels. A level 1 produces 1 gold every 24 hours while a level 10 produces 10 gold every 24 hours. The amount of gold is minimal but just like watching videos (which some people get and some don't) it a little incentive. A tease to help our gold reserves while probably pushing us to buy more gold once we have started to spend it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Fountain of Youth- Health Regeneration. "A man sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices his money to recuperate his health." Probably the most enticing potential new building in the game. A true gem and challenge that all can aspire to obtain. As such as the Red Light District This building will work in 2% increments for quicker for health Regen. (lvl 10 is 20%)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holy Temple of War- Energy Regeneration. More wars have been fought over Religion than any other factor. This is not just any religion though...this is one that forces us to stay glued to our phones tap tap taping for hours on end. Its a dedication that so many have accepted and sucked in. This building will work in 2% increments for quicker for Energy Regen. (lvl 10 is 20%)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bonus Building (one that hasn't been mentioned in the past that I believe the community would like to see but don't need credit or compensation if implemented...actually I would like to see them all added and no compensation to my account is needed just having the option to use them in game is enough for me)

Research and Development Command Center: Sometimes a war is won or lost before troops have even hit the battlefield. The R&D CC helps give Generals the competitive advantage they are looking for pushing our troops to get to the frontlines before our opponents do without the use of bribing our troops with gold. However doing so takes lots of time and Money which is why this is a slow upgrade that costs a pretty penny to build and upgrade. This building will work in 2% increments for quicker Frontline Deploy regen (lvl 10 is 20%)

/contest over. Make it happen gree

Pidgeot
10-27-2014, 02:08 PM
Here is my submissions. First one I'm putting it is the X-81 G.O.D because I designed it to be a boss as well as a unit you win for beating 150 bosses

Invite Code: 218-808-051

http://chazolave.deviantart.com/art/X-81-g-o-d-491068671?q=gallery%3Achazolave&qo=1

Name: X-81 G.O.D
Unit Type: Air
Attack: 10, 589,204
Defense: 10, 589,203
Boost: +6% Alliance Defense

The next is Black Shadow, who was referenced in the X-81's back story. You all get to see him now. Prize for beating 100 bosses

http://chazolave.deviantart.com/art/Black-Shadow-491068967

Name: Black Shadow
Unit Type: Infantry
Attack: 6,678,195
Defense: 6,678,194
Boost: +20% Air Attack

Wanted something more realistic

Drakhoan
10-27-2014, 05:57 PM

So much has been left off that were great ideas... and there have been several treads with great ideas on the building subject. I know I added some stuff, but like you don't want compensation. To have some of these in game would be tremendous!

Drakhoan
10-27-2014, 07:56 PM
Meh, here are a few ideas...

NAME OF ITEM:
Sea Mine
DESCRIPTION:
Classic WWII look... huge metal spike ball heald down to ocean floor by a chain (in game they would have to look like they are floating). 5 of these would help fill some of my empty ocean space nicely. Would be a plus if these would have a negative affect on the sea power units/boost of enemies attacking or raiding. Percentage increase would be structured like Thiefs. Affect is increased by 2% per level upgrade.
ALTERNATIVE if GREE can't make this practical... Shadow Submarine, does same as above but represented by a dark outline of a lurking sub. Building cost would be 100 mil.

NAME OF ITEM:
War Fund
DESCRIPTION:
Really tall building with no windows, a dome roof, and a huge dollar sign on the sides, a huge hood ornament type gold dollar sign a top the building. This building would be an addition to the current vault, but very different. It would have an unlimited top end. Would cost the player 50% on the dollar to vault for a rainy frontline day. Each level upgrade would reduce the vaulting cost by 2%. Example, my 100 mil when vaulted would become 52 mil held in the level 1 War Fund, with a level 10 War Fund that 100 mil would now be 70 mil at 30% vault fee. Unvaulting cash would be at no cost and no black out tiems. Building cost would be 200 mil.

NAME OF ITEM:
Mech Defender
DESCRIPTION:
Ground unit that has a 2% alliance... are you ready for it?... defense boost. This unit would be available for reaching level 10 of the above Mine/Sub defense building. One unit for each building that reaches level 10 for a total of 10% Alliance Defense boost. Unit would be 200k attack and 750k defense.

MY ID:

Hub_Master_General
10-27-2014, 10:19 PM
Idea #1 Infantry Unit (Unit Name: Luck of the Irish)
This is a soldier who is always in the right place at the right time, never gets hurt in battle and always saves the day. Some would say he (or she) has the “Luck of the Irish”. This unit would be a top prize offered during March and near St. Patrick’s Day. This unit’s special Bonus would be to improve the player’s luck. This would of course influence some Battle outcomes (e.g., like extra stats in Attack & Defense Skill), give a better chance of getting a rare unit in Raid Boss battles or a better chance of opening a crate and getting the needed item. I've had this idea for a really long time and think it could one of the most valuable units in the game. Many players would spend gold to get a unit that would improve their odds.
Cost: cannot be purchased, Award only

Idea #2 Multi-Part Unit (Unit Name: Zenozoid)
An extremely powerful unit [Att 6,342,789, Def 7,012,456] that is made from 4 less powerful units, similar to a Power Ranger robot with the ability to join together to make a stronger unit. The smaller units would have value but not as strong as when together. Once joined, they would permanently form the next phase of the new unit. Base and Torso can join then you can attach the Arms and then the Head but, for example, the Head could not join directly to the Base. All four bonuses (Grd, Air, Sea, Inf) would apply. I envision something like a 4-day or 2, 2-day events to get all four parts or even have it bridge 4 wars (months).
Base – Aircraft Carrier [Sea, Att 890,765 D 1,652,001]
Torso – Tank [Ground, Att 1,000,987 Def 999,879]
Arms – Mech Armor [Infantry Att 1,287,654 Def 1,188,357]
Head – Fighter Jet [Airplane, Att 1,125,643 Def 970,213]]
Cost: cannot be purchased, Award only

Idea #3 Building (Building Name: Missile Defense Battery)
A new Defense building that looks like an Aegis missile battery, would shield other money buildings from attacks and make the attacker lose a raid and maybe lose a unit while consuming a stamina point. The higher the level, the longer the range (or coverage radius) and the more shots (or attacks) it could deflect (Lvl 1 deflects 5 shots - Lvl 10 deflects 50 shots). This would give protection and possibly notification if you’re playing and have notices turned on. Eventually though the coverage could be beaten and the attacking player could raid buildings.
Cost:$200,000,000

Thank you for your consideration.
Alliance code 996651054