PDA

View Full Version : Bahaha boss design contest.

bam bam.
10-14-2014, 09:12 AM
The thread over on the announcement page initiated a contest in which 10 lucky contestants would receive a life changing 100 gold for designing a boss and 1 would be completely smothered in 250 gold for doing a devs job for a day. Now either I cant count or a mystical power will magically create some more bosses out of thin air and produce at least another 5 submissions. Tadaaah will announce the "the finalists" tomorrow. What am I missing here?, there was 5 submissions total!. Now carry the 1, add 7 multiply by 2 and I'm pretty sure I have found your finalists already. Now I'm no genius (thats a lie, I actually are) but I'm pretty sure u culd announce them today. Ur welcome, thank u and good night.

Just helping u out...I know u guys r busy ;)

_Mas_
10-14-2014, 11:31 AM
Made me lol! Haha :D

bam bam.
10-14-2014, 09:00 PM
Made me lol! Haha :D

At least I'm not alone lol

YankeePhil
10-14-2014, 09:02 PM
Lol, but who's going to get #1

DEWIN NUTTIN
10-14-2014, 09:55 PM
The thread over on the announcement page initiated a contest in which 10 lucky contestants would receive a life changing 100 gold for designing a boss and 1 would be completely smothered in 250 gold for doing a devs job for a day. Now either I cant count or a mystical power will magically create some more bosses out of thin air and produce at least another 5 submissions. Tadaaah will announce the "the finalists" tomorrow. What am I missing here?, there was 5 submissions total!. Now carry the 1, add 7 multiply by 2 and I'm pretty sure I have found your finalists already. Now I'm no genius (thats a lie, I actually are) but I'm pretty sure u culd announce them today. Ur welcome, thank u and good night.

Just helping u out...I know u guys r busy ;)

I loved the "life changing" and the "smothered in 250 gold" lines.
Genius, pure 24 Karat GENIUS. LOL

Sigg
10-14-2014, 11:23 PM
What the living fruck is that?

Sigg
10-14-2014, 11:24 PM
Screw it. Good enough. I'm joining his faction.

bam bam.
10-14-2014, 11:31 PM
What the living fruck is that?

No idea. Any who, back on topic...how bout this weather!

Pissapigov
10-15-2014, 12:50 AM
Maybe they would get more entries if people actually new about the contest..

Pidgeot
10-15-2014, 01:25 AM
I do hope I win.

bam bam.
10-15-2014, 02:25 AM
Maybe if u got more than a handful of gold people would show an interest. I had one ready to go but for 100 - 250 why would u bother?. They get paid to do that stuff. Plus my posts jus get deleted or I get banned for making sense n being Brutally honest lol.

Kefa
10-15-2014, 05:47 AM
Maybe if u got more than a handful of gold people would show an interest. I had one ready to go but for 100 - 250 why would u bother?. They get paid to do that stuff. Plus my posts jus get deleted or I get banned for making sense n being Brutally honest lol.

This. I have what I think are some good ideas, too, but for the potential of 250 gold? I mean, design a character with a back story and multiple graphics for a chance to win $20? Maybe she left a 0 off, and it's supposed to say 2,500 gold. That would make good sense, yet still be a bargain for them since the work is several hundred dollars worth of value.

kguittar
10-15-2014, 07:47 AM
exactly! ^
I've got some graphic skills, but i'm not about to waste my free time doing something for what i can get by downloading and deleting a few apps.

Annihilator2
10-15-2014, 08:37 AM
Again post from robot

bam bam.
10-15-2014, 05:53 PM
This. I have what I think are some good ideas, too, but for the potential of 250 gold? I mean, design a character with a back story and multiple graphics for a chance to win $20? Maybe she left a 0 off, and it's supposed to say 2,500 gold. That would make good sense, yet still be a bargain for them since the work is several hundred dollars worth of value.

I got a wk ban for saying add a zero, trolling apparently. I was actually making what would of been a helpful suggestion. These r the kinds of things u gain momentum on. A) ur stingy n momentum continues on as such B) ur generous n u raise some good will amongst our MW community and u cultivate some positivity.

This community is great, ppl say our negativity is bad n jus quit blah blah blah, but everytime someone asks a genuine question they get help from the community pretty quick. Usually long b4 any mod or dev steps in to help out (which is rarer than diamonds round these parts). I think the negativity is aimed exactly where it should be and coming together to help eachother out is the true spirit of the forum.

Kefa
10-15-2014, 06:14 PM
I got a wk ban for saying add a zero, trolling apparently. I was actually making what would of been a helpful suggestion. These r the kinds of things u gain momentum on. A) ur stingy n momentum continues on as such B) ur generous n u raise some good will amongst our MW community and u cultivate some positivity.

This community is great, ppl say our negativity is bad n jus quit blah blah blah, but everytime someone asks a genuine question they get help from the community pretty quick. Usually long b4 any mod or dev steps in to help out (which is rarer than diamonds round these parts). I think the negativity is aimed exactly where it should be and coming together to help eachother out is the true spirit of the forum.

Wow, seriously??? Just... wow.

Yeah, that's just insane. The whole idea - "we don't have time to design new ones every time..."

Graphic artists get paid... But even 99 designs users aren't going to do it for $19.99 - that's about 20 min worth for a freelancer. 2,500 gold is a bargain on their part, and a very fair suggestion. Even a single vault would probably spark some higher quality interest.

edchen
10-16-2014, 07:41 AM
lol... 250 gold for top winner?

Mark-RDS
10-16-2014, 09:54 AM
You are good people Bam, I have a friend who was banned for life for telling the truth.