PDA

View Full Version : Calm thought

bam bam.
10-12-2014, 10:09 PM
Now that we have all had time to experience the new temp boosts for a cycle and a half what is the communities view on them. Have you come around or do you still dislike the idea of temp boosts.

I would ask you to consider; your factions participation compared to pre temp boost period, the fact that you get temp boosts for perm xp gains, the enjoyment you get from the events, time it takes to complete events, the fact we now have nearly a dozen indi and faction events running at one time, the cost in $s to keep up, other factors you think appropriate

I would ask you to exclude; GREEs unprofessional conduct in releasing the new content with no prior warning, your previous thoughts after the initial shock, anything non related to this direct question.

Looking for a fair and balanced pole on the question of should temps be perm or should temps be temp and go bye bye.

manbeast
10-12-2014, 10:40 PM
I do not like the temp boosts

Use to get excited when I got a +1 energy boost, or a health regen boost, etc... It was a big deal... I knew my exact health regen time and of course I knew my energy regen...

With all these new events and temp boosts.. It's way too much.. I have no idea what my energy regen is.. Somewhere in the 20s.. No idea what my health regen time is.. Something like 20 minutes... There's no point in me figuring it out because there'll just be another temp boost to recalculate tomorrow and the next day and so on.. And because it isn't special, I really don't care anymore...

Really de values the original +10 energy I worked so hard to get and the original health regen boosts...

Annihilator2
10-12-2014, 11:04 PM
Yes. It will be great to have temp boost for decreasing time of frontline deploy regeneration and temp boost for increasing of deploy max number like we have + alliance member boost

Selfproclaimed
10-12-2014, 11:11 PM
Hey there manbeast. I'm back. I feel a little indifferent about this temp boosts. As he says, it devalues a lot of the stuff we have worked and spent for on perm boost units. But I also don't like it just because I'd rather have a kick butt unit as a prize instead of a temp boost. Of which -5 health boosts takes me up what,1 notch. Like really. All the extra added work for peanuts. I know someone who got the -5 bonus unlocked and their health regen number did not change even one notch. So what's the point. Create perma boosts units again and make them hard to get. If Gree is doing it to offer a way for free players to get a chance at boosts, fine, but also include other missions. Give them a choice, they'll have to either go for temp boosts or a kickass unit

Pidgeot
10-12-2014, 11:16 PM
I voted no for a reason. These temp boost are nice but they dont add value to the account. Its like a soft patch. They work for a while but all you're doing is covering up a problem that should be addressed and fixed.

big fat dad
10-12-2014, 11:49 PM
Voted yes.

1. It is only the game/entertainment and these temps are the purpose and the tool for further playing!
2. Integrate our team and make more/everybody to take part during missions, even with these high xp or leveling up!!!
3. Give us a chance to score any points against heavy TOP factions during WD.
4. Rewards now depend more on soldiers performance/activity rather than tons of gold. Gold is spending as always(!!!) but now, for the first time since high energy fltq started, it is worth opening the wallet! I assume Gree might have even more gold with temps than without them. More people particiapte and seeing the chance to finish Masters are willing to spend...more.

ps. I am wrtitting this from the top100-150's point of view.
ps2. would like to thank our mods/Gree that:
a) allowed to use tanks last Frontline!
b) started the ingame communication in po-up windows!
c) gave small rewards for playing or due to some techinal problems!

bam bam.
10-13-2014, 01:25 AM
Wow, this has swung about face. From 4/5 loathing it to 2/3 being ok with it. Imagine if it was handled properly from the start.

If they are to stay id prefer them to have a lesser effect, keep the balance in check for those who work hard over the long haul.

rutty
10-13-2014, 03:10 AM
I quite like them. I'm a player with limited resources to buy gold but lucky enough to be in a busy faction with active players. We've been able get most of these temporary bonuses which have helped us to get bigger and better rewards. There's certainly a bit of rush seeing my stats go through the roof.

However, there will be a crash at some point. Rampant inflation like this can't go on forever. What happens when people start getting stats in the multiple trillions?

Gree have been quite clever with these temporary bonuses. They give intermediate goals during events that make it all more interesting. More incentive to buy gold (which is obviously what Gree want) and a change of pace for a stale game. Communication about it all could have been a LOT better (broken record alert - some things never change)

Arc9761
10-13-2014, 03:56 AM
Temp boosts 'were' an interesting change to the game mechanics, and have allowed our team to complete previously unobtainable goals and units.

However, currently, there are too many, too fast and have completely and thoroughly undermined the tremendous efforts provided by top teams.

I am currently in a top 750 team and a free player. I used to finish normal with a bit to spare. Right now, I'm on track to finishing prestige on all three days free.

If prestige is available to everyone in a descent team that can work together, what's the point of beginner or normal modes?
With the HUGE stat inflation of this cycle, bonus temp alliance attack, (and current broken raid math), is there anyone you can't successfully attack??

There is no challenge. I can complete all the objectives I want satisfactorily, raid to my hearts content knowing I can/will win. My only issue is my bank roll, but time and patience will fix that on it's own.

Did I just win at MW???

Agent Orange
10-13-2014, 07:55 AM
Well I voted no, mainly because I don't fathom why I got a health regen boost when we are not in WD or FL.

Rolinz
10-13-2014, 08:04 AM
I am getting used to the Temp Boost because you can choose to get it or not and it is simple and easy to get.

I like the +1 Building Upgrade as it allowed me an extra building to upgrade for at least 1 WD Cycle.

The +1 and +3 Energy is nice help doing the FLTQs.

The plus side is that i have not had any problems with them so far.

The down side is after WD, my stats goes up very little as opposed to the nice jump before.

Annihilator2
10-13-2014, 08:23 AM
The down side is after WD, my stats goes up very little as opposed to the nice jump before.

It is not an issue because all lose the temp boosts

-Commando-
10-13-2014, 08:30 AM
I voted yes. It adds a new aspect to the game which is good. I would like to see them brought down to earth and a higher level prize that locks in a fraction of a boost if you achieve it enough times in a row.

jchow69
10-13-2014, 09:18 AM
The boosts should stay, allows ppl who work hard to have a chance to finish prestige lv ltqs without spending loads of gold and awarding players health regen boosts in wd.

Blodiea
10-13-2014, 10:18 AM
I would like them better if they stayed away from attack. Just give us energy, health, even the building upgrade is nice. I just like to know what my a/d is at any given time.

RufusZeal
10-13-2014, 11:03 AM
The only boost gree should give should be
Health time reduction
upgrade time reduction
upgrade cost reduction
building upgrade time reduction
+1 building upgrade mod(not through ltb preferably)
stamina regen boost
energy regen time reduction
building payout time reduction
building output boost

No more attack boost please that crap is annoying not knowing what your actual stats are is annoying and finding out at the end of the cycle that you aren't anywhere near what you think you are is a total disappointment, specially for low level players.

it would be better to only give temporary boost for things that dont effect actual attack and defense stats.a

Thief
10-13-2014, 12:10 PM
Well a bit indifferent about them now that we all know how they work.

They make the game a little different and unique but the system definitely needs some more work.

The biggest issue right now is that they are simply too easy to obtain (hold on hold on I know I shouldn't ever say such an absurd thing) but the reality is they are. (excluding the one for finishing a lvl 10 upgrade). Look at the current one where you need 4 parts in the LTQ for a 5% health regen. You need what 4,000 energy on day one to complete (even less if you spread it out into days 2 and 3 since gree is offering a total of 12 of them? Now I'm not advocating you should need to use 100k energy to get the prize but less than 4k in 72 hours? If everyone gets the prize then its effect means almost nothing. (assuming a 5% difference will mean anything to begin with...haven't been able to confirm how gree rounds yet)

So first I would say they need to up the difficulty slightly (say maybe 25k would be required in a 3 day event) (put the items more in the middle of an LTQ instead of the beginning)

Also we need more of a Variety. We got what 45-50% health regen? 40+% Alliance attack? +8 Energy Regen and a +1 building upgrade (don't get me wrong most of those are my favorite bonuses of all) but lets mix it up a bit. Maybe a reduction to energy regen time (instead of just +) Maybe an Frontline Bonus....Just small things to refine and work on.

Auspex
10-13-2014, 12:45 PM
I don't mind that they are here it's just one more mechanic to play with to finish chosen events on time etc.

I do question why bother as it appears stats are now just pointless numbers since I can literally raid anyone and certainly can be raided by anyone. I'm a bit unsure what the point of the game is now.

Captain Buck Slayer
10-13-2014, 02:09 PM
i like the temp boosts, makes it harder for campers to.

Miss Soprano
10-13-2014, 02:53 PM
They should go Asap!!

Tadaaah
10-13-2014, 03:20 PM
Great feedback here! Thanks for all the input.

YankeePhil
10-13-2014, 05:19 PM
I like the temp bonuses, it now gives incentives for the free super active players a leg up during the rest of the events. I used to struggle finishing LTQs and now I'll be able to do all 3 days of prestige for free. And now during WD I DON't have to wait 17.5 minutes to hit again, I only need to wait roughly 10.

bam bam.
10-14-2014, 05:01 AM
Great feedback here! Thanks for all the input.

See what happens when I'm not banned or having my threads/posts removed!. Lol.

Seriously tho, thanks for acknowledging the thread.

Glad to see a presence. Would like to see some action in game, you might need to chuck a big tanny in the office for us...be our voice and represent us as we are!.

Tony Snow
10-16-2014, 06:02 PM
I would like them better if they stayed away from attack. Just give us energy, health, even the building upgrade is nice. I just like to know what my a/d is at any given time.

Agreed.. they're okay, but just leave attack/defense alone.. who knows what my attack will be Monday at 2:01.. 2.2bil now.. I've went from 800mil to that this cycle but so much of it is fake

headfaction
10-16-2014, 11:08 PM
I hate the temp units because everyone has good Heath regen every cycle now when it should be rare to have. Seeings I spent a ton of gold to get mine.

matt12
10-17-2014, 12:51 AM
I think the temp bonuses are good, but i'd like them to be rewarded earlier in the events esp the LTB or lockbox events. Since the first couple of lvls of the LTQs have really crappy units they just sat in my inventory doing nothing, now at least some of those lvls give a temporary bonus which is actually useful.

So please make the temporary bonuses earlier in the events, i dont wanna get to lvl14/15 on prestige and get a temp boost, I'd rather get a good unit. Maybe u have a low boost that is obtained in the first few lvls and a better boost midway thru.

PITA4PRES
10-17-2014, 09:10 AM
I like them in some respect because they provide an opportunity to get bonuses that my llp account would probably normally never be able to get since I am a free player. My concern is with all the attack bonuses offered it I'd making it so easy to raid people much higher stats than you. I get for low stat people that is great but for those of us who have taken the time and put in the effort to build up a good iph it is extremely frustrating to have it stolen by people hundreds of millions if not billions less than you. If it is in fact true that when raiding it is Player A's attack vs Player B's building defense then we need building defense bonuses ASAP and some new stronger defense buildings as well if these temp attack boosts are here to stay.

garen argon
10-17-2014, 09:50 AM
I think there are two camps here...

One are HLPs who have spent a lot of time and effort building their accounts; who would not be in favor of the temp boosts as it evens the playing field.

Two are the newer players (such as myself) who never had the opportunity to pick up health regen or +1 bldg upgrades but now can; and really enjoy these temp boosts.

The Pharoah
10-18-2014, 10:10 AM
Seems to be a bit 'all or nothing'. Either every event gives a temp boost (even one which finishes only two days before the WD cycle ends) or else its crap units for everyone.

And what's with the stat inflation this cycle? I'm seeing units appearing in rivals armies with stats over 6,000,000 defence. That's just madness.

bam bam.
10-21-2014, 10:19 PM
I wonder how much difference the actual rewards will make in response to this thread. If the boosts become +atk/def rather than energy, health n building upgrades.

The oldest trick in the book. The bait n switch. It's usually the next step in this process.

Jon Boy
10-22-2014, 10:53 AM
Dislike as should be about building over time and not a temporary spike.

Vile Lynn
10-22-2014, 11:16 AM
As a free player, the temp bonuses spoiled me but not enough to start buying gold for more temp bonuses or even for permanent bonuses.

borochris
10-24-2014, 01:32 AM
If gree wasn't giving out temp bonuses then they would need to fill the events with real bonuses and units.
I know which I would rather have.

Danger Mouse
10-24-2014, 01:46 AM
I'm all for the temp bonuses. Anything that adds another dimension of actual strategy to the game and rewards effort as well as credit cards is a good thing in my books. Just how about mixing them up a bit Gree, rather than constant attack and defence?

Adm. J(K96)
10-24-2014, 02:47 AM
You mean you don't like the current strategy of trying to figure which events are going to glitch and freeze on you and which will give actual, working rewards?

Seriously though, anyone who thinks they are employing some sort of real "strategy" on these events is really over inflating their own ego. Either you have enough, or are willing to spend enough, to get what you want, or you don't. None of these "strategies" will change that outcome. At best all anyone does is some really good number crunching to figure that out.

Danger Mouse
10-24-2014, 04:04 AM
By strategy I'm referring to making choices. Before the temp boosts what choice was there? To spend or not, to chase the goal or not. At least now there are other options to evaluate and choices as to priorities to be pursued.

Of course Gree just want you to spend and get it all, but for most that's not an option, so at least the temp boosts are a consolation prize for effort expended vs money expended. Bring 'em on I say.

leeroy
10-24-2014, 05:14 AM
I like some of the Temp bonuses.

Health & Energy regen boosts make a big differance to my game time activity and enjoyment.

I like the Temp +1 Building Boost, but its far to hard for newer players to achieve, by the time its lvl8 the cycle has almost finished.

I hate the Att and Def boosts its pointless, i wont do any non faction event for this.

bam bam.
11-23-2014, 01:41 AM
Bumping this one for a current insight. Current score -83 yes stay -60 no go. 23rd of nov.

Lets have some new fresh votes and see where the community is at now.

Adm.
11-23-2014, 03:32 AM
Bumping this one for a current insight. Current score -83 yes stay -60 no go. 23rd of nov.

Lets have some new fresh votes and see where the community is at now.

A suggestion if I may. In the future, a second poll might be a better idea, as you can then compare the change in the results. Bumping this one skews the original feelings on this.

DragCro
11-23-2014, 04:03 AM
A suggestion if I may. In the future, a second poll might be a better idea, as you can then compare the change in the results. Bumping this one skews the original feelings on this.
Did you opened a second account after you got banned?

bam bam.
11-23-2014, 08:51 AM

I thought about that but I think a running commentary hits the mark. A recording of where it was at and see how others feel towards it now, knowing all that has come before and all that is here now.

codys21
11-23-2014, 06:01 PM
At first I really disliked temp rewards, especially as they were unannounced. Then I started to like them more but now they are just annoying. More useless attack and defense boosts, and nonsense missions payout boosts are just a waste. Attack and defense boosts might by useful if alliance defense boosts started being pumped out so stats actually mattered again. If stats don't matter, neither do the majority of these temp boosts. So, I would change my vote from yes to no.

headfaction
11-24-2014, 12:13 AM
Did you opened a second account after you got banned?

Are you going to ban yourself for putting that in public view?

DEWIN NUTTIN
11-24-2014, 12:40 AM
Don't the rules prohibit any discussion of BANS and BANNING?

DragCro
11-24-2014, 02:44 AM
Don't the rules prohibit any discussion of BANS and BANNING?

I noticed that and asked him! That is not against rules!
I don't need to send a 1:1 message,i can ask that and in public to let know that we are not inactive in this forum and we read threads and posts!

Discussions that are against rules are when somebody discuss reasons why somebody got banned and such things...

DEWIN NUTTIN
11-24-2014, 02:56 AM
I don't need to send a 1:1 message,i can ask that and in public to let know that we are not inactive in this forum and we read threads and posts!

Discussions that are against rules are when somebody discuss reasons why somebody got banned and such things...

Alright if you say so, boss man.

headfaction
11-24-2014, 01:21 PM

Still showing "your power" when it's not necessary. Power tripping much?

I Will Merc You
11-24-2014, 02:06 PM
Funny (yes, funny) how "power" is exerted on this thread, but not on the 'THIS GAME IS FALLING APART AND WE WOULD LIKE ANSWERS OR UPDATES ON HOW THE F IT IS GETTING FIXED BY WAY OF AN UPDATE' thread...

Priorities................smh. Long live the Adm.

bam bam.
11-26-2014, 07:04 AM
Who hasn't been banned a few times?. Any who back on topic pls. DRagCro in future please keep discussions on thread. You want to have a go at people start your own thread please mate. Here we are discussing temp boosts. So unless you have something helpful to add to the subject please remain silent as the rest of our helpful mods do.

Kefa
11-26-2014, 07:45 AM

How about if some of the "We" you mention prove that "we" (they? you?) are "not inactive" in this forum by getting involved in This Discussion (http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?101398-Current-Modern-War-Crash-Status-Update) on a daily basis and somehow convince the scores of people who can't even get into their games that the "We" are actually actively working on a resolution to restore their access to the game?

bam bam, I'm sorry for the hijack. Pure frustration here. I liked the temp boosts when they were + energy and lots of -% health regen. Now that they are heavier on things that aren't really relevant to daily game play, they just aren't worth going after in my opinion.

bam bam.
01-18-2015, 07:33 AM
Bumping to see how everyone is travelling on this. Current score 18th of jan is 92 stay 79 go