PDA

View Full Version : How do you feel about Global Chat in Knights & Dragons

Clementine
10-06-2014, 04:16 PM
Does Global Chat sound like something you MUST have in the game? Or does it sound like the worst thing in the world? Vote in the poll and then let us know why you chose that option in a comment below!

http://techgeek.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/we-want-you.jpg

legalious
10-06-2014, 04:59 PM
It would need to be heavily controlled to prevent spam and scammers.

PapaMurph77
10-06-2014, 05:35 PM
I have been playing this game far before guilds were made and back then we wanted global chat. If we could get passed the trash talk I would love to see one.

akindfoe
10-06-2014, 07:07 PM
Will that make the game more lag ? Cause I think it will

furyp
10-06-2014, 07:33 PM
This will get rid of the noobs using Line. It's the stupidiest application ever.

Sent
10-06-2014, 07:55 PM
Eh. As long as the chat system is made better as well.

Laengar
10-06-2014, 08:49 PM
so many things need to be improved regarding communication in KnD. Global chat, a better guild chat function, 1-1 messaging system, etc

BDK Shaun
10-06-2014, 10:43 PM
Would so love to see it happen but way too many headaches will be caused by it

eaglekifrigan
10-06-2014, 11:15 PM
More than a global chat or alongside a global chat it would be nice to chat with individuals. Of course with an option to block creeps.

Royil
10-06-2014, 11:31 PM
I would rather see 1-1 messaging.

Most Savage
10-07-2014, 12:14 AM
Any chat system other than the current guild chat would be a big improvement. Line chat has already filled the gap in chatting for a lot of players. What purpose will this new chat system serve?

1. Will the entire k&d word talking at the same time under. one chat room
2. Will we be able to message other players individually
3. Will it be uncensored
4.Can we form chat rooms with a group of players even though we are not in the same guild

Unbound
10-07-2014, 03:27 AM
would love to see one on one messaging...

Doctor No
10-07-2014, 04:48 AM
Sounds good, great way to recruit

Reversal
10-07-2014, 04:59 AM
Global chat would be terrible for me because I know I'll have a ton of people impersonating me...

diaewad
10-07-2014, 06:27 AM
I would love a global chat, but please make it so that guilds cannot use it to recruit. I used to play Guild Wars a lot, and recruitment chat spammed sooo hard. It was awful. Or make a separate channel or something.

Gabriel214
10-07-2014, 06:40 AM
No how about adding more maps and the option to trade armors that we don't want like legendary, epics, rare, etc don't ruin this game by adding the global chat

Jun-fan
10-07-2014, 07:08 AM
If "global chat" means "ability to message anyone one-on-one directly" then that's not a bad idea. But if "global chat" means "message everyone (or large non-guild groups) in the KnD universe at the same time" that would be a serious burden on the end users (spam!) and your network resources and I would have to vote against that.

I would much rather see improvements to the game itself (new levels, new quests, etc.) than an added functionality though.

Bonaya
10-07-2014, 07:12 AM
Make it in such way that people only are able to send messages if they are friends with each other. That could work.

jaxom
10-07-2014, 12:11 PM
The global chat in every other game I've played is full of bullies and spammers. I don't see the need for this at all. However I would like to see the alliance chat system improved, and would like to be able to send messages to other players. E.g. from Arena, Battle screen in wars, members list in guilds.
That would be a great improvement!

sxespanky
10-07-2014, 02:56 PM
ive seen games with global chat... it looks something like this

LOOKING FOR GUILD!
(>*.*)> ^(*.*)^ <(*.*<)
SOMETHING something GUILD looking for active members!!!! we have blah blah blah
Cuss Words Cuss Words and mean stuff.
GUYS I FUSED SOMETHING!!!!
HEY WHERES THE GIRLS!? Talk to me!

every 2 seconds, this will repeat.
you have to remember the game you are playing, a global chat does not benefit this game in any way. a forum is a nice way to get players on the same page when it comes to some issues. you also have social media for that.

your also opening all channels to ruin a kids game, because its so cartoon-y, that's what it is in the end, even though the majority of us are 20-30 something years old.
you should however, switch the 'guild recruitment' page to show guilds with only a few missing spots, before all the new ones, seeing as there are thousands of new guilds with 1-3 members each.

The Calling
10-07-2014, 07:41 PM
Why are we even addressing this? There has been many suggestions on what us the players would like to have done with this game and hardly anyone mention a global chat. I mean didn't you read your facebook page when you asked that very same question. Everyone bashed it and said it was a waste of time and resources and yet you still ask on this forum. Are you expecting us to jump for joy for a global chat and say yes please give us something we don't need nor asked for. You truly know your consumer based.

I know you don't listen and that is why there has been a decline in your numbers and a global chat would do nothing but drive some players away.
This is the worst idea possible!!!! Why are you guys listening to us and give us what we really asked for:

- updated map and gameplay.
-More events to keep us occupied during the down times between wars and raids.
-the ability to sell our shards of materials for gold.
- etc etc etc.

This poll is and thread is a waste and joke to us paying players.

No on chat.

Words of The Calling

Kragothe
10-07-2014, 08:13 PM
The benefits of a global chat would be quickly outweighed by the bullies and spammers, as some have said. Players already try to talk trash during Guild wars by renaming their knights to whatever insult they can think of. With a global chat they'll just do it there. I won't for a second believe that Gree would heavily moderate the chat or even moderate it at all. People already get away with a lot on these forums as it is. Line works well despite what some people seem to think.

yendol05
10-07-2014, 08:34 PM
I had played a game for over a year and it had this feature.... I was a moderator in that game, and it was always full of cuss words, trolling and a lot of ignorance ... Made it hard to play the game due to the fact that so many ppl don't respect rules... Heavy supervision was needed all the time, I was literally on that game for hours at a time enforcing chat rules.... This also makes games crash more often

Marco_
10-08-2014, 01:19 AM
Saw global chat in a few games. How can you get anything useful out of it if there are a few messages per second scrolling by?
Global Chat doesn't scale past a few hundred players. (probably not even if you as a player can mute half the people in the Global Chat...)

Scabs
10-09-2014, 09:17 AM
A PM system would be much better than a global chat. Make it so you can control who you accept messages from (only people in your guild, people in your friend's list, anyone, no one, etc).

Makaay
10-09-2014, 09:55 AM
seriously no one asked for that and its completely unnecessary. They are way more ideas which needed to be implemented first like trade in shop for unneeded material for better material or gold. Bigger inventory, when ull open chests or are a very active player ull reach ur limits fast ! I dont mind higher Quest and i feel like pissed when i lvl up and get like **** as rewards recently i hit the 350 mark i got 25k Gold, i mean seriously o.O thats 1 fusion and worth of nothing !

B Legit
10-09-2014, 09:55 AM
The game already has LINE established as it's source of communication. Nobody will abandon it as it serve's its purpose perfectly. Like a user above me said, why are you addressing this tiny thing that has really never even been brought up instead of the actual issues? In game chat will be nothing more than Spam City for younger kids who play.

legalious
10-09-2014, 10:29 AM
seriously no one asked for that and its completely unnecessary.

I would like to bring to your attention of a few of the many requests within the Official Feedback and Suggestions thread. They had asked for this a long time ago and here are a few of the voices of the individuals requesting chat feature.

4. Have a online chat so people in the game and other guild can talk. It's like global chat

1 - Chat functionality outside of guild and ability to private message players

- Chat functionality outside of guild

Chat functionality outside of guild (yes, and improve guild chat, fact that everyone uses line says enough)

Chat Function- PM
Chat function between guilds possible? or a message bank to PM other players, would help with recruiting. As much of this game is played in groups and helps drive spending and moral up.

1. it will be cool with a message system, so I can write directly to a player/guild member with info or stuff. the messages in the game chat disappear pretty fast so not all get the information, so we have to use external systems like e-mails and forum groups for simple information. a player message system...

sxespanky
10-10-2014, 05:52 AM
I would like to bring to your attention of a few of the many requests within the Official Feedback and Suggestions thread. They had asked for this a long time ago and here are a few of the voices of the individuals requesting chat feature.

ok, now do it for all the people who wanted more levels past dark kingdom...

Makaay
10-10-2014, 01:15 PM
compared to stuff which really is needed that really that kind of part which is last on list. btw there still is a Guild chat. In Global chat like everywhere there will be a lot of rubbish talk. why don't you take polls directly on facebook ? The tiny group which is active here is seriously not representative. Just read the comments under your post *How do u fell about a global chat.... on facebook ull quckly found out what the users want !

bottomz
10-11-2014, 12:31 PM
Yes, it negates the advantage the high spending guilds get when using line.

Kragothe
10-11-2014, 03:30 PM
Yes, it negates the advantage the high spending guilds get when using line.

That... doesn't even make sense. Line is free and global chat wouldn't remove the use of Line anyway. And no, I'm not a big spender. Gree's lack of even decent customer service doesn't inspire me to spend money on this game.

Reversal
10-11-2014, 09:02 PM
Instead of a Global Chat I would love to have a Buddychat instead.
Added of course with a Friendlist!

It would make the game a whole lot more fun for others. A Global Chat would be only nice if you could really be able to tell people apart, Some guild have the policy of changing all of their names to the same names.
The result of this is that people would end up trolling others by using people's names.
If you do intend to actually add a Global then please ensure the ability to also check out the profile.

Freya
10-15-2014, 05:15 AM
I agree with many of the posts above, there's no need for a global chat. If you want to work on the chat, improve the one that's already there. Until the current chat includes the functions we get from Line (various individual and group chats with albums and notes), none of the top guilds will be using it. I have anywhere between 300 and 1500 messages on my KnD line chats in the morning, so with 20 lines in the current KnD chat, it's usefulness is pretty non existing :)

poprocks
10-16-2014, 06:21 AM
Definitely worth considering on a trial bases I think.

Bukk7k3
10-18-2014, 02:49 AM
A PM system would not be misplaced either

MeHere2
10-18-2014, 05:45 AM
Are you even serious here Gree? You have never been able to do 1 update without multiple problems and glitches. Your customer service is way beyond terrible .You don't listen to or fix the complaints you already have. You have made the name Gree a total running joke in everything you do now. Do you really think you could add a feature like this without destroying more than you help as with all your last minute changes, such as changing a 2 day war announcement to a 3 day war after people have already made plans per your original announcement. You do not ever listen to or support the players you currently have like myself that is just totally fed up with your inept abilities?

roookey1
10-20-2014, 03:36 AM
Instead of a global chat, please improve the existing chat system. The fact that if another app comes to foreground all (painstakingly!) entered text disappears alone makes it horrible to use. The censorship in writing messages feels like a joke (every 5th message gets censored for some dumb reason), messages disappear after some time so non-frequent players can't read them anymore (even if they are addressing them) etc. etc. ... the whole system is so impractical to use that fixing THAT would really be welcome instead of some global - probably in fact spam - chat.

xXxSteelxXx
10-21-2014, 09:19 AM
Not a great idea in my opinion.

SouthernCross
10-21-2014, 01:15 PM
Personally I would like to see a few things implemented on Knights and Dragons Global Chat would be one of them.

Global Chat would allow us to recruit people more easily rather than having to scroll through the Epic Bosses LB and looking for guildless players and it would allow us to interact with all players in knights and dragons. People complaining about spamming why not make in game moderators that can silence spammers? say No more then 3 post of the same content after 3rd post they can be silenced for 24 hours for spamming the global chat.

Second I would like to see a forum link on mobile device possible under the setting button that way it easier for people to be more active in forums and can better search guids and communicate with gree and the knights and dragons community rather then having to log onto pc everytime.

Finally I would like to see more Guild Wars not only on the weekends but weekdays, make it an option for one clan being able to challenge another. The other clan can either accept or reject the war challenge this way their is more competion. No prizes need to be distrubated these are just friendly wars maybe give clans ranking the more they war and win the higher their clan rank in a global system?

Let me know what you all think

Southern Cross

ClanReaper TheFeared

SouthernCross
10-21-2014, 01:33 PM
Just an add on for global spamming and silencing forgot to put no more then 3 post of the same content like recruitment post with in 7 minutes or so after 3rd post for example if you post a third recruitment thread and you happen to post a fourth you could be silenced by a moderator for spamming you would have to wait 7 minutes before posting the same recruitment post also so people cant get other members to spam global chat after your third recruitment post they too can be silenced for spamming if they post the same recruitment post.

Derrick Kelsay
10-28-2014, 09:02 AM
It would be filled with censored trash talking Tweens...
If gree wanted to add something useful to the game they should think of maybe breaking the barrier between android and iOS players it would ultimately make them more money in the long run but it would cost them money to upgrade servers and I don't see that happening anytime soon

Kangaroeland
10-28-2014, 02:36 PM
Your servers barely hold their own now. Please no. And what about new content?

Morg
10-30-2014, 12:40 PM
I see no real benefit for a global chat other than maybe a realtime way for Mods to announce things to ALL players rather than just ones in the forum.

If you do for some unknown reason, PLEASE make a way for those who don't want anything to do with it to be able to turn it off/remove it.

Thanks

edit: if you have your heart set on making a useful chat something for us, then by all means add a single category/tab/whatever to our existing chat so guild leadership can talk to each other....like most all other games have.

Greatness
10-30-2014, 01:13 PM
I have been trying to get my account back for several days now with no success. Hopefully posting here will get a response. And the only response I get from gree is a copy paste form letter not giving me back my acct and not telling me why. My acct on here and in game are the same and both are more than a year old. With all the acct stealing and scammers out there and they refuse to help ppl that actually own the accts. How about instead of a world chat U create a login and password system so that ppl could retrieve their acts with out having to deal with gree' s less than stellar technical support. FYI I still do not have my acct and would love some assistance getting it back