PDA

View Full Version : Funny thing

Evan1000
10-06-2014, 02:08 PM
You know what's funny about GREE?

They take the most unpopular event in the game (LTQ) and make sure it never starts on time, making it even less popular. Smart thinking GREE.

Oh, and an 11 hour war again? LOOOL. Perfect timing . Happy player appreciation month everyone

hellfirecc
10-06-2014, 02:20 PM
I really like the 11h war. Its an event one can just skip :-D

Tadaaah
10-06-2014, 02:25 PM
The LTQ will not be starting today. There were unforeseen difficulties. We apologize for the inconvenience. The event will be extended to reflect this move.

Dipstik
10-06-2014, 04:28 PM
There were unforeseen difficulties.

Saw it coming!

aarondavidsdad
10-06-2014, 04:54 PM
In modern war when events start late the players are awarded items. I think I got a couple energy refills recently. Would be nice if that happened in CC.

Twiztidusty
10-06-2014, 04:55 PM
What was the unforeseen difficulties??? U tried to start the LTQ the same time the epic boss started, u know when the 3 day war was still goin on. Hahaha.

Max Power
10-07-2014, 06:07 AM

They take the most unpopular event in the game (LTQ) and make sure it never starts on time, making it even less popular. Smart thinking GREE.

If the event is so unpopular, I assume you are not playing it. If you are not playing it, why are you complaining about it? Seriously, how does this effect you at all?

Oh, that's right, the Gree forums, where we could find a way to complain about the temperature of a free cup of coffee.

Evan1000
10-07-2014, 06:09 AM
If the event is so unpopular, I assume you are not playing it. If you are not playing it, why are you complaining about it? Seriously, how does this effect you at all?

Oh, that's right, the Gree forums, where we could find a way to complain about the temperature of a free cup of coffee.

Who said I didn't do LTQ's? I always do them.. hence the reason why I started this thread. I'm not necessarily complaining, but giving constructive criticism as to what is wrong and what I would like see changed for the better in the future.

Also, I would love a free cup of coffee. Didn't have enough this morning :D

B0ST0N
10-07-2014, 06:37 AM

Well said lol.

Evan1000
10-07-2014, 07:27 AM
The LTQ will not be starting today. There were unforeseen difficulties. We apologize for the inconvenience. The event will be extended to reflect this move.

Forgot to say thanks for the response :D

TheJess
10-07-2014, 09:14 AM

Not sure if you are asking rhetorically, or are saying you just disagree with OP.

I think the issue for some people is that if you miss an event, your stats decline relative to everyone else, so they have to play every event just to keep up. Also, a lot of the top 500 or 1000 syndicates require their members to be active in all events. So for those players who have an affinity to their syndicates, they are obligated to play even events they dislike. This also for many is the root of complaints about the undue frequency of events of late.

crime cow
10-07-2014, 09:19 AM

Let's pretend for a minute that we've all been transported to bizarro world...in this bizarro world you actually have a job. If your employer does something that makes no sense, do you say anything, or do you just sit there and say nothing like a mindless sheep? If you say nothing, congratulations, you are destined for a life of anonymity and your eulogy (which hopefully won't be for a long time) will be full of nice words, but no accomplishments. If you say something, that means you are vested in the success of your employer, and ultimately yourself.

How does this relate to Crime City? Simple. Some people have been playing this game for years and have invested a lot of time, and unfortunately, real money. They are invested in this game and have enjoyed it and they hate to see it go down hill. I would say those that really care about the game and would like it to succeed have a responsibility to let gree know what they don't like about the game. The squeaky wheel gets the oil. If you don't ask, you don't get. If gree didn't want our opinions, then why the stupid pop-up asking us to rate the game in the app store? Why is there a forum? The forum can't be to discuss strategy, because the only strategy anymore is "spend gold." Enlighten us as to how keeping quiet or sucking up helps anyone?

And yes, if someone was handing out free crappy cups of coffee I would hope people would let them know. Why let them waste their time, energy and natural resources giving out garbage?

Weasel
10-07-2014, 11:14 AM

The event now says "in progress", again, and is in fact not in progress. Again. Not a complaint, but with this happening literally every ltq, how can these difficulties be "unforseen"?

backstabber
10-07-2014, 11:58 AM
I'm assuming server gremlins are the cause...like it is 50% of the time hehehe

kp20kp
10-07-2014, 04:04 PM
Its still not working

Evan1000
10-07-2014, 04:37 PM
Its still not working

Yep, started at a later time then usual (7 est) and in progress but no goals still.

I've been holding this level up for a while now I even had to stop summoning bosses because I was getting far too much exp and I wanted to save the level up for the LTQ but you keep making it harder and harder to hold this level up with a day late AND still no goals

1Shot
10-07-2014, 05:00 PM
LTQ isnt a bad event if your level 250. It's not like you'll level up lol.

backstabber
10-07-2014, 06:09 PM
Its live ...

TheJess
10-08-2014, 06:17 AM
Let's pretend for a minute that we've all been transported to bizarro world...in this bizarro world you actually have a job. If your employer does something that makes no sense, do you say anything, or do you just sit there and say nothing like a mindless sheep? If you say nothing, congratulations, you are destined for a life of anonymity and your eulogy (which hopefully won't be for a long time) will be full of nice words, but no accomplishments. If you say something, that means you are vested in the success of your employer, and ultimately yourself.

How does this relate to Crime City? Simple. Some people have been playing this game for years and have invested a lot of time, and unfortunately, real money. They are invested in this game and have enjoyed it and they hate to see it go down hill. I would say those that really care about the game and would like it to succeed have a responsibility to let gree know what they don't like about the game. The squeaky wheel gets the oil. If you don't ask, you don't get. If gree didn't want our opinions, then why the stupid pop-up asking us to rate the game in the app store? Why is there a forum? The forum can't be to discuss strategy, because the only strategy anymore is "spend gold." Enlighten us as to how keeping quiet or sucking up helps anyone?

And yes, if someone was handing out free crappy cups of coffee I would hope people would let them know. Why let them waste their time, energy and natural resources giving out garbage?

Well written analysis.

Max Power
10-08-2014, 09:37 AM
Who said I didn't do LTQ's? I always do them.. hence the reason why I started this thread. I'm not necessarily complaining, but giving constructive criticism as to what is wrong and what I would like see changed for the better in the future.

Also, I would love a free cup of coffee. Didn't have enough this morning :D

OK, you do them, that's great, I do to. How, exactly, is complaining about an event being late "constructive criticism"? Pretty sure they are aware of it, and pretty sure it isn't intentional. There is a very good chance if they released it on time, there would be a bug in it, and that would be another thread of complaints. Not seeing the constructive part of all this, really.

Not sure if you are asking rhetorically, or are saying you just disagree with OP.

I think the issue for some people is that if you miss an event, your stats decline relative to everyone else, so they have to play every event just to keep up. Also, a lot of the top 500 or 1000 syndicates require their members to be active in all events. So for those players who have an affinity to their syndicates, they are obligated to play even events they dislike. This also for many is the root of complaints about the undue frequency of events of late.

Understand that element of it as well, but a late event effects everybody pretty much equally. That was the primary complaint in this thread.

Frequency of events is a different kettle of fish, and just like everything else Gree, it's how much you wanna pay to keep up. Everybody has a threshold, only one person can be on top, and the subject has been hashed to death.

Just getting sick of the constant complaint threads is all, I guess. I am far from a Gree shill, but there is a thread about every minute thing that goes wrong in this game. I think some people just maybe should consider setting the phone down and putting all of this in perspective.

Nighteg
10-08-2014, 09:44 AM
Understand that element of it as well, but a late event effects everybody pretty much equally. That was the primary complaint in this thread.

No it doesn't. It doesn't matter to the US people weather it starts in the afternoon or evening, but it makes a big difference to the Europeans (late evening as usual or middle of the night like this one).

Green Drake
10-08-2014, 09:52 AM
International players might feel different about the delays. I imagine it has to be difficult trying to coordinate your energy and upgrades not knowing the time and date these events are going to start.

What he said^^^^. Sorry typing same time as his post.

dstoner
10-08-2014, 10:51 AM

Oh, and an 11 hour war again? LOOOL. Perfect timing . Happy player appreciation month everyone

Agreed to the fullest

Weasel
10-08-2014, 10:53 AM
No it doesn't. It doesn't matter to the US people weather it starts in the afternoon or evening, but it makes a big difference to the Europeans (late evening as usual or middle of the night like this one).

This complaint is no different than complaining about a game developed and run out of China being 100% in chinese and you can't understand it as a direct result of this. You know CC is based in North America. Move there if it causes such an issue for you, or accept it because there's nothing logical that you personally can do about it.

Nighteg
10-08-2014, 11:08 AM
This complaint is no different than complaining about a game developed and run out of China being 100% in chinese and you can't understand it as a direct result of this. You know CC is based in North America. Move there if it causes such an issue for you, or accept it because there's nothing logical that you personally can do about it.

So expecting an event to start on time is unreasonable? Whatever you say.

Weasel
10-08-2014, 11:10 AM
What's on time? The only events with set start times are Battle for Empire City events. Aside from that, all events start at the same time for everyone, which is more than fair.

Nighteg
10-08-2014, 11:13 AM
What's on time? The only events with set start times are Battle for Empire City events. Aside from that, all events start at the same time for everyone, which is more than fair.

That's what i was talking about. Most events start 1am for me (which is fine). This one was 3 hours late, and it had an impact on some more than others.

Weasel
10-08-2014, 11:20 AM
It wasn't late. It started at the same time for everyone. If "on time" was always a specific set time there would still be people more negatively affected than others. The only thing you can do to remedy that is move to a different time zone. Understandably that may not be possible, and if not, accept it. Nothing you can do about it. Nothing anyone else can do about it.

Well, that's not entirely true. You can choose to buy and use gold, and chances are if you are already doing that a couple hours won't make a significant difference in the amount of gold required to achieve your goal.

crime cow
10-08-2014, 12:55 PM
It wasn't late. It started at the same time for everyone. If "on time" was always a specific set time there would still be people more negatively affected than others. The only thing you can do to remedy that is move to a different time zone. Understandably that may not be possible, and if not, accept it. Nothing you can do about it. Nothing anyone else can do about it.

Well, that's not entirely true. You can choose to buy and use gold, and chances are if you are already doing that a couple hours won't make a significant difference in the amount of gold required to achieve your goal.

What exactly are you arguing? The events normally start at the same time and at the expected start time the event said 'in progress.' By Tadaaah's own admission the event had 'unforseen difficulties' and apologized for the inconvenience. The next day the event again showed in progress and then started 3 hours later. Your argument would be stronger if gree would stop apologizing for the events being late and for showing them in progress, when they are not.

Nighteg
10-08-2014, 02:40 PM
http://www.boredwrestlingfan.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/4883191+_3986780f434f11a5ea0dc94a555b705c.jpg

Weasel
10-08-2014, 02:51 PM
What exactly are you arguing? The events normally start at the same time...

What time would that be? 2pm pacific like wars? 5pm pacific like many of the previous epic boss events? Some random and unannounced time and day like every LTB ever? A random time like a lot of LTQ/SLTQ events?

and at the expected start time the event said 'in progress.' By Tadaaah's own admission the event had 'unforseen difficulties' and apologized for the inconvenience. The next day the event again showed in progress and then started 3 hours later. Your argument would be stronger if gree would stop apologizing for the events being late and for showing them in progress, when they are not.

There could be a bug with the event schedule showing events as being in progress when they are not even intended to start. Just because there was an unforeseen issue resulting in both start and end dates being pushed doesn't mean the event was late.

It means the event was started for everyone as soon as Gree was sure nothing would break by releasing it. Same start for all = late for none.

Max Power
10-09-2014, 06:31 AM

International players might feel different about the delays. I imagine it has to be difficult trying to coordinate your energy and upgrades not knowing the time and date these events are going to start.

What he said^^^^. Sorry typing same time as his post.

Doesn't matter. International people are screwed regardless. You can't fix time zones and the rotation of the earth. Does it really make a difference if it starts for you at 4AM vs. 1AM? If it does, that's a personal scheduling issue.

Weasel
10-09-2014, 08:49 AM
http://www.boredwrestlingfan.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/4883191+_3986780f434f11a5ea0dc94a555b705c.jpg